Passwords are becoming increasingly easy to compromise. They can often be stolen, guessed, and hacked — you might not even know who else has your password and is accessing your account. Duo two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your account to make sure that it stays safe, even if someone else knows your password, by using your phone or other device to verify your identity. You will be alerted right away (on your phone – mobile or landline – or tablet) if someone tries to log in using your password. This prevents anyone but you from accessing your accounts.
If you need any assistance in setting up your Duo Authentication contact Tech Cafe (210) 458-5555.
You will have three options available to setup your duo
To setup your cell phone or tablet you will need to go to the Apple App Store or Android Google Play Store to search for Duo Mobile and install the app.
1. Go to https://passphrase.utsa.edu
2. Select "Duo Setup Authentication" click on "Begin Setup"
3. Sign in with your myUTSA ID
4. This screen will show instructions, press "Continue"
5. If this is your first time you will be prompted to register a device
6. You will have three options
7. Adding a device click on My Settings & Devices and choose your device
8. Adding your mobile phone you can choose to send a "notification" that will pop up on your phone, or you can choose to have it call you
9. For mobile phones, a barcode will pop up and you go to your app that you installed and hold your phone so that camera is facing the screen barcode
10. Click on "Continue" to finish the setup
11. For mobile phones and tablets, where the app is installed a notification will popup and you click on "Allow." There is a small box that will appear that says "Remember me for 7 days," check mark this box this will work for a little while unless changes are made to your browser