- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Company Research
Annual Reports to Shareholders
The Annual Report to Shareholders (ARS) is the principal document used by major corporations to communicate directly with their shareholders. It is different from the Annual Report Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, or 10-K. ARS may also be called the Summary Annual Report.
ARS is not a required SEC filing; it contains information (usually annual financial statements) that are referenced by the company's 10-K filing. Also included in most annual reports is information about the company's business, sales and marketing, and analysis of the company's condition made by the CEO.
Find Annual Reports
In addition to company's investor relations webpages, annual reports may be found in:
- Mergent Online This link opens in a new windowSearch by company > Reports > Annual reports.
- AnnualReports.comFree service. Search by company name, ticker, sector, industry, exchange, or index.
- Public RegisterCreate a free profile to view reports.
- Order Annual ReportsBy the Investor Network. Global coverage.
Historical Annual Reports
- Annual Reports at Academic Business LibrariesBy Purdue University. Index to historical corporate Annual Reports to Shareholders fro 38,000 companies at the following universities: Columbia U., Cornell U., Harvard U., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Purdue U., Stanford U., U. of Alabama, U. of California-Berkeley, U. of Pennsylvania, U. of Western Ontario, Yale U., and the Science/Industry/Business Library of New York Public Library.
- Historic Corporate Reports: Baker Library at HarvardOriginal company documents from circa 1820 to the present: annual reports, prospectuses, proxies, registration statements, and miscellaneous items such as brokerage-house reports, charts, and unpublished corporate histories. Approximately 20,000 companies. $25 fee per extensive search.
- Nexis Uni (LexisNexis) This link opens in a new windowTo access Annual Reports go to Advanced Search > SEC Filings (drop down) > enter Company Name and Form Type 10-K
- Corporate Reports OnlineHistorical Annual Reports (1800-1975) maintained by the Lippincott Library at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Columbia Historical Corporate ReportsSelected from the collections of the Columbia University's Watson Library of Business & Economics, a digitized collection of 770 reports issued between 1850s and the 1960s by some 36 companies including department stores, utilities, banks, and railroads.
Corporate Social Responsibility Reports
CSR reports are not required by SEC; they are produced voluntarily by companies.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Reports
- Corporate Responsibility Reports
- Sustainability Reports
- Citizenship Reports
- Environmental Reports