- Find Information
- Research Guides
- POL 6893: Research Proposal (Calder)
POL 6893: Research Proposal (Calder)
Guide for Dr. Calder's Fall 2022 course.
- Follow the Money: National Institute on Money in State PoliticsCollects reports submitted to agencies in every state by all candidates for statewide office, the legislature, and state Supreme Court; major political party committees; non-bond ballot measure committees, and lobbyists.
- Legislative Reference Library of TexasComprehensive repository of information relating to the Texas Legislature including Texas statutes and session laws, legislative bill files (63rd-present) and Legislative Archive System scanned bill files (58th-87th).
- Open StatesPortal to legislative data from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico. Browse by state or legislator. Some state data goes back to 2009. From the Sunlight Foundation.
- Pew Research Center: State and Local GovernmentThe Pew Center on the States operates and supports projects that assess how states are performing in key areas of public policy. This is an excellent site for state-specific data on a wide range of social, health and economic issues.
- PEWCharitable Trust: State and Consumer InitiativesIdentifies innovative approaches states are using to help solve complex challenges.
- National Conference of State LegislaturesServes the legislators and staff of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. Provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues.
- Texas Legislative CouncilThe TLC's Internet Resources page links to many informational resources, including "Who Represents Me?", District Viewer, and Texas legislaturte Online.
- Texas Legislature Online (TLO)Information from both the Texas House of Representatives and the Texas Senate. Includes information on bills and on various committees.