- Find Information
- Research Guides
- POL 6893: Research Proposal (Calder)
POL 6893: Research Proposal (Calder)
Guide for Dr. Calder's Fall 2022 course.
Library Quick SearcheBooks
- Oxford Handbooks Online This link opens in a new windowProvides full-text access to numerous Oxford Handbooks for a variety of topics. Each handbook offers a critical survey of the current state of scholarship in a particular field of study. Individual articles review key issues and major debates, providing an in-depth overview of the field.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online This link opens in a new windowA database designed to help you start your research on almost any subject. Contains recommendations for scholarship at all levels, whether encyclopedias and textbooks or journal articles and primary sources. Bibliographic essays and annotated citations on each topic. Peer-reviewed, selective, rather than exhaustive content chosen by experts in their disciplines.
- Vital Statistics on American Politics 2015-2016 by Harold W. Stanley; Richard G. NiemiISBN: 9781483380315Publication Date: 2015-08-26There is no other print source, online source, or Web search engine that provides the wide range and depth of insight found in Vital Statistics on American Politics. This new 2015-2016 edition is updated with the most recent information available. The editors consult hundreds of sources to calculate and locate the data, facts, and figures that offer a vivid and multifaceted portrait of the broad spectrum of United States politics and policies.Students, professional researchers, and interested citizens will find chapters devoted to key subject areas such as elections and political parties, public opinion and voting, the media, the three branches of U.S. government, foreign, military, social and economic policy, and much more. For depth of information and ease of use, this updated edition is the best resource of its kind available and should be a key component of all academic and large public library collections.
- Vital Statistics on American Politics 2013-2014 by Harold W. Stanley; Richard G. NiemiISBN: 9781452290157Publication Date: 2013-01-01Provides background on key subject areas such as elections and political parties, public opinion and voting, the media, the three branches of U.S. government, foreign, military, social and economic policy, and much more.
- Encyclopedia of Political Communication by Lynda Lee Kaid (Editor); Christina Holtz-Bacha (Editor)ISBN: 1412917999Publication Date: 2007-12-21Ciscusses the major theoretical approaches to the field, including direct and limited effects theories, agenda-setting theories, sociological theories, framing and priming theories, and other past and present conceptualizations. Pays considerable attention to political speeches, televised political advertising, political posters and print advertising, televised political debates, and Internet sites.
- The Oxford Handbook of Political Science by Robert E. Goodin (Editor)ISBN: 9780199604456Publication Date: 2011-09-02Provides a comprehensive overview of all the main branches of contemporary political science: political theory; political institutions; political behavior; comparative politics; international relations; political economy; law and politics; public policy; contextual political analysis; and political methodology.
- Women and Political Participation by Barbara Burrell; Raymond A. Smith (Editor)ISBN: 1851095926Publication Date: 2004-10-26Analyzes the struggle of women in America to gain political equality and bring about change in public policy. Includes the first women's rights meetings in 1848 and major events in the suffrage campaign history as well as the Declaration of Sentiments and the National Organization for Women's Bill of Rights.
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics by Iain McLean (Editor); Alistair McMillan (Editor)ISBN: 9780199207800Publication Date: 2009-03-19Contains more than 1,700 entries, including new materials on topics such as NGOs, butterfly ballots, decentralization, ethnic cleansing, and direct action. Covers political thinkers, institutions, and concepts with an international perspective. Appendices list the political leaders of a range of countries and international institutions.
- Sage Research Methods Online This link opens in a new windowContains content on research methods from books, journals and reference sources; research methods videos; tutorials; case studies showing how research methods are applied; and practice datasets from actual research. Researchers can explore methods concepts to help them design research projects, understand particular methods or identify a new method, conduct their research, and write up their findings. Since SRMO focuses on methodology rather than disciplines, it can be used across the social sciences, health sciences, and more. Includes entire "Little Green Book" (quantitative research) and "Little Blue Book" (qualitative research) series.
- Sage Research Methods Cases This link opens in a new windowContains hundreds of case studies showing how methods are applied in real research projects. Browse by method, discipline and academic level.
- Sage Research Methods Datasets This link opens in a new windowContains practice datasets from actual research which may be used for teaching and mastering qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Browse by method, discipline, and data type.
- Project PlannerSteps you through stages of designing research: from designing a topic, designing a researchable question, collecting data, data analysis and interpretation, writing up, dissemination, and more.