- Find Information
- Research Guides
Core resources for marketing
Head of Research Engagement and Scholarly Communication
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Oct 5, 2022 75 views this year
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Feb 13, 2023 142 views this year
Finding Measures in the Behavioral Sciences and Education
by Rachel Cannady Last Updated Sep 12, 2022 106 views this year
International Marketing & Management
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Mar 19, 2023 364 views this year
by Matt Hayward Last Updated Mar 9, 2023 224 views this year
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Aug 3, 2022 19 views this year
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Feb 1, 2023 21 views this year
Tourism, Travel and Hospitality
by Natasha Arguello Last Updated Feb 16, 2023 754 views this year
Key Databases for Marketing: Articles
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowContains a wealth of business and financial information, both current and historical across three databases. Global offers full text of both scholarly and trade journals, market and industry reports, as well as dissertations and working papers. Trade & Industry is focused on specific companies, executives, products and trends. Dateline contains city, state, and regional company and market news. Coverage: 1984-present. Updated daily.
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowProvides full-text coverage for over 9,400 general and scholarly business journals and other sources in marketing, management, economics, finance, accounting, and international business. Includes full-text business books; case studies; investment research, industry, market research, and country reports; and SWOT analyses. Includes the Harvard Business Review. Some coverage begins in 1886.
- Emerald Insights This link opens in a new windowProvides access to books and journals in accounting and finance, economics, education, engineering, health care, HR and organizational behavior, LIS, management science, marketing, strategy, tourism and hospitality, and more.
- Oxford Journals This link opens in a new windowProvides access to nearly 200 journals published by Oxford University Press and academic societies across a range of subjects, including science, technical, professional, medical, humanities, arts, and social science disciplines.
- Wiley Online Library This link opens in a new windowProvides access to journal articles, e-books, book chapters and major reference works published by Wiley in science, technology, medicine, business, humanities and social sciences. Significant full text.
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowCovers professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines. Contains over two million citations and summaries of articles from journals, books, book chapters, dissertations, and technical reports. Some full-text.
- International Encyclopedia of Marketing by Jagdish N. Sheth (Editor-In-Chief); Naresh Malhotra (Editor-In-Chief)Volume 1: Marketing Strategy
Volume 2: Marketing Research
Volume 3: Consumer Behavior
Volume 4: Advertising and Integrated Communication
Volume 5: Product Innovation and Management
Volume 6: International Marketing
Key Databases: Market Research & Data
Please note that we are not able to purchase or borrow market research reports through our Get It For Me service. Explore these resources to find relevant information.
- AtoZ Databases This link opens in a new windowProvides access to a directory of U.S. business, household, and healthcare information.
- BizMiner This link opens in a new windowProvides detailed industry analysis and market research reports on more than 16,000 lines of business in national and local markets. Includes startup and small business statistics, such as annual sales and market share; failure rates; entrepreneurial activity rates; startup profit & loss detail and ratios; and detailed small business balance sheets, P & L, and ratios.
- Claritas 360 This link opens in a new windowAccessible via Kantar Media SRDS. A market research tool for demographic and segmentation data for 210 Designated Market Areas or counties. Includes reports on market profiles, lifestyle analysis, market potential, demographic concentration, and PRIZM Target Group Concentration. This resource must be accessed via the Chrome browser to generate reports. Access only available from on-campus locations.
- IBISWorld This link opens in a new windowContains detailed industry market reports for the U.S., based on the NAICS classification. Reports include industry performance, lifecycle, products and markets, supply chain, operating conditions, regulation and policy, key competitors, barriers to entry, outlook, and more. Specialized Industry Reports address more narrowly defined product/service segments or emerging industries.
- Investext (Mergent) This link opens in a new windowProvides a collection of company and industry analyst reports. 1990- current.
- Kantar Media SRDS This link opens in a new windowStandard Rate and Data Service (SRDS) from Kantar Media offers access to current media information such as detailed ad rates, dates, and contact data. Direct links to media kits, websites, and audit statements are included. Provides full-text access to the most recent edition of the following publications: Business Publication Advertising Source; Consumer Magazine Advertising Source; Direct Marketing List Source; Newspaper Advertising Source; Radio Advertising Source; Out-of-Home Advertising Source; Interactive Advertising Source; TV and Cable Source; Print Media Production Source; and Business, Consumer Magazines, and Newspaper International Media Guides.
- MarketLine This link opens in a new windowProvides access to U.S. and international industries, public and private companies, and country reports. Examples of Porter's Five Forces analyses in Industry reports, SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) in Company reports, and PESTLE (Political, Economic, Sociological, Technological, Legal and Environmental) in Country reports. Databases and Analysis sections include statistics and data on industries, companies, countries, cities, and consumer products by country as well as financial deal data, news, case studies, analyst insights and more. Please note that UTSA does not subscribe to GlobalData Intelligence Centers.
- Market Research Academic This link opens in a new windowAggregates market research reports from six publishers covering service industries, consumer goods, food & beverage, heavy industry, life sciences, public sector, technology & media.
- Mintel Academic This link opens in a new windowContains over 1,000 in-depth market research reports by Mintel analysts focusing on consumer goods, travel, health and well-being, technology, retail, and food and drink in the U.S., U.K., and western Europe. Includes market segmentation, size and trends, brand share analysis, supply structure, advertising, retail distribution, consumer lifestyles and attitudes, and more.
- Mintel Market Sizes This link opens in a new windowContains market size, market share, socio-economic and forecast data for consumer goods, industrial construction, media, pharmaceuticals, retail, technology, transport and other categories. Links to Snapshot market research reports.
- Passport (Euromonitor) This link opens in a new windowFocus on consumer goods and services. Provides access to market research data, country reports, company profiles, and statistics on countries, consumers, and industries for over 350 markets and 205 countries. Demographic, economic, and marketing statistics for countries worldwide, as well as several years of historic market size data for many consumer products in multiple countries, plus 5-year forecasts. Consumer lifestyles, companies and brands. Formerly known as GMID (Global Market Information Database).
- RKMA eBooks This link opens in a new windowAnnual collections of market research reports from Richard K. Miller & Associates on consumer behavior; consumer marketing; use of the internet and mobile web; entertainment; healthcare; leisure; retail, restaurant and food; sports; travel and tourism. 2017-current. Differs by title.
- RMA eStatement Studies This link opens in a new windowProvides performance metrics derived from the financial statements of financial institutions' borrowers and prospects. The Financial Ratio Benchmarks (FRB) provides industry norms including liquidity, coverage, leverage, and operating ratios. The Industry Default Probability Data (IDP) uses cash flow measures to project the expected default frequency estimates (EDF) by industry. Data for 760+ industries based on NAICS codes may be examined on a national or regional level. Five year archive
- SimplyAnalytics This link opens in a new windowThis web-based mapping and data analysis application enables users to develop interactive thematic maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data variables by state, county, city/place, ZIP code, census tract, block group, or custom area.
- Statista This link opens in a new windowProvides access to recent and relevant statistics and studies from market researchers, trade organizations, scientific publications, and U.S. and international government sources. Topics include business, finance, education, media, politics, society, environment, technology and more. Ready-made tables, graphs, and charts are downloadable in PDF, XLS, PNG, or PPT.