- Find Information
- Research Guides
- International Marketing & Management
International Marketing & Management
- Getting Started
- Country Profiles
- Doing Business
- International Companies & Industries
- Statistics & Data
- Global Business Etiquette
- Latin America and Mexico
- Africa & Middle East
- Citing in APA Style
- International News
Head of Research Engagement and Scholarly Communication
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
- globalEdgeCreated by the International Business Center at Michigan State University. A knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities. Create an account to access additional content. Includes video collections and tutorials "How to Do Business in..."
- Country Commercial GuidesMarket conditions, opportunities, regulations, and business customs for over 125 countries prepared by trade and industry experts at U.S. embassies
worldwide. Part of International Trade Administration portal.
- International Trade AdministrationThe U.S. Government portal to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies.
- Passport (Euromonitor) This link opens in a new windowFocus on consumer goods and services. Provides access to market research data, country reports, company profiles, and statistics on countries, consumers, and industries for over 350 markets and 205 countries. Demographic, economic, and marketing statistics for countries worldwide, as well as several years of historic market size data for many consumer products in multiple countries, plus 5-year forecasts. Consumer lifestyles, companies and brands. Formerly known as GMID (Global Market Information Database).
- MarketLine This link opens in a new windowProvides access to U.S. and international industries, public and private companies, and country reports. Examples of Porter's Five Forces analyses in Industry reports, SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) in Company reports, and PESTLE (Political, Economic, Sociological, Technological, Legal and Environmental) in Country reports. Databases and Analysis sections include statistics and data on industries, companies, countries, cities, and consumer products by country as well as financial deal data, news, case studies, analyst insights and more. Please note that UTSA does not subscribe to GlobalData Intelligence Centers.
Export Diagnostic Tools
- Diagnostic ToolsDeveloped by Michigan State University. Requires a free registration.
- Explore Importing and ExportingUSA.gov provides a suite of tools for setting up an exporting business.
- TradePortA repository of free information and resources for businesses seeking to conduct international trade to and from California.
- Are You Ready to Export?Canadian government resources.
Learn a Foreign Language
- Transparent Language Online This link opens in a new windowInteractive language learning software. Includes vocabulary flash cards, pronunciation practice, activities/games, language and culture blogs, online social communities, and video-based grammar lessons. Basic to intermediate level. More than 100 languages offered, including ESL.
Users MUST first create an account in the web version in order to use this online tool and track learning progress. Access is available on or off campus AFTER creating an account. For mobile apps, use the web version of Transparent Language and click on “Mobile Access” in the menu for the most recent version. To activate the app, scan the QR code found on the "Mobile Access" page or use your username and password.