AET Library Noise Policy
Please Limit Noise in the Library
- We want all students, faculty, and other library patrons to have a positive, productive experience when using our library facilities. We ask that you please be respectful of others’ need for quiet in spaces designated for study and research, keeping in mind these friendly guidelines:
- Try to limit your conversations in general study areas and when exiting library group study rooms.
- Small groups wanting to participate in discussions can use the library’s group study rooms. The rooms do not have full floor to ceiling walls and patrons are asked to keep voices to an appropriate level. Groups of two or more persons can request a group study room at the AET Library Front Desk.
- If you need a very quiet study space, consider visiting one of the Quiet Study areas in John Peace Library.
- Library staff and UTSA Security do reserve the right to ask disruptive or noisy patrons to move to a different area of the library, or to leave the building altogether.
Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices
- Remember to set your cell phone to vibrate before entering the library. Ensure that you have muted the speakers on your laptop or any other electronic device you bring to the library.
- You may use your cell phone in any areas of the library except those designated as quiet areas. Please be courteous to others and limit your cell phone conversations while in the library.
- You may use your personal audio device, as long as you wear headphones. We ask that you refrain from using any personal audio devices in the libraries’ designated quiet areas, as residual noise from your headphones may disturb those studying around you.
- Library and maintenance personnel may occasionally need to use cell phones or other electronic devices in the library, and reserve the right to do so as needed.
Thank you for helping us to create a respectful learning environment. We appreciate your cooperation!