AET Library Group Study Room Policy
Who May Check Out Group Study Rooms?
- Only currently enrolled UTSA Students and current Staff and Faculty may check out Group Study Rooms.
- A valid UTSA ID card must be presented to check out a Group Study Room.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) people to check out a Group Study Room.
How Do I Check Out a Group Study Room?
- Group Study Rooms are checked out at the AET Library Front Desk. Reservations are available at this time, either by contacting the AET Library Front Desk (210-458-6256) or using the online reservation form here.
- Group Study Rooms check out for a maximum of two (2) hours.
- The minimum number of people must be present to check out a Group Study Room.
Can I Have Food and Drink in a Group Study Room?
- The AET Library Food and Drink Policy applies in the Group Study Rooms – drinks are allowed in covered containers and non-messy snacks are allowed.
What Are the Guidelines for Using a Group Study Room?
- The Group Study Room key and is your responsibility. There will be a $20 charge for a lost key. If a large Group Study Room is checked out, the VGA cable and remote control are also your responsibility. There will be a $20 replacement charge if the VGA cable is removed from the room. The charge to replace a remote control is $40.
- For your convenience, each Group Study Room has dry erase markers and erasers. Please leave these in the room for the next group. If markers run out of ink or erasers need replaced, notify the Student Assistant at the AET Library Front Desk.
- Group Study Rooms are for studying, working on projects, and group discussion. Do not use the room as a place to store books or bags. The UTSA Libraries are not responsible for items left in empty rooms.
- Please keep the noise levels low in the Group Study Rooms.
- Please keep the Group Study Rooms clean. Notify the Student Assistant at the AET Library Front Desk.
- If you finish before your check out time has expired, please return the key to the Student Assistant at the AET Library Front Desk so that another group may use the room.
Remember, when a Group Study Room is checked out in your name, you are responsible for:
- The key
- The VGA cable and remote control (for large rooms)
- The equipment and furniture in the room, as well as the condition of the room itself
- Any personal items
- Making sure the room is closed and locked when you are finished