- Find Information
- Research Guides
- International Marketing & Management
International Marketing & Management
Country Profiles: UTSA Databases
- MarketLine This link opens in a new windowGlobal reports for industries, 30,000 public and private companies, and 215 countries (PESTLE/PEST).
- Passport (Euromonitor) This link opens in a new windowFocus on consumer goods and services. Provides access to market research data, country reports, company profiles, and statistics on countries, consumers, and industries for over 350 markets and 205 countries. Demographic, economic, and marketing statistics for countries worldwide, as well as several years of historic market size data for many consumer products in multiple countries, plus 5-year forecasts. Consumer lifestyles, companies and brands. Formerly known as GMID (Global Market Information Database).
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) This link opens in a new windowProvides access to select EIU publications, including Country Commerce, a guide to operating conditions, commercial laws, and business regulations in 55 countries. Also included are Country Reports for China, Singapore, and Taiwan, as well as Country Risk Briefings, and Country Forecast for China only.
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowAggregated database for articles from scholarly journals, trade and industry publications, business magazines and newspapers including the Wall Street Journal. Country and market research reports.
- Business Source Complete: Business Search Interface (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowAggregated database for articles from scholarly journals, trade and industry publications, business magazines and newspapers; market research reports, country profiles and more. Includes the Harvard Business Review.
- Europa World Plus This link opens in a new windowIncludes economic, political, and geographic background information, as well as statistical data and analysis by country. Directory information is provided for governmental, society, media, business enterprise, and international organizations.
- Mergent Online This link opens in a new windowSearch country profiles.
- Stratfor This link opens in a new windowProvides access to geopolitical information including news, analyses, and future forecasts for various countries, arranged by region. Categories include economics/trade, energy, military, politics, and terrorism/security.
- CIA World FactBook Country ProfilesProvides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Physical and political maps of countries and regions.
- U.S. Department of StateFacts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of independent states, some dependencies, and areas of special sovereignty.
- Country Studies Profiles: Library of CongressPresents a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries.
- World Bank: Countries & RegionsWorld Bank projects & programs, economic indicators, publications & reports, data & statistics, links to Doing Business for 183 economies.
- Eldis.orgCoverage includes global social, economic, political and environmental issues. Hosted by U.K. Institute of Development Studies.
- BBC News Country ProfilesAudio of national anthem, historical timeline, country profile, flag, links to new stories and other sites, weather, presidential bio, more.
- IndexMundiBased on multiple sources, this site offers country statistics, commodities data, trade statistics, graph and mapping visualizing tools for quick comparisons.
- Pew Global Attitudes and TrendsPublic opinion surveys around the world on a broad array of subjects ranging from people’s assessments of their own lives to their views about the current state of the world and important issues of the day.
- U.S.Energy Information Administration - International Energy StatisticsBriefs and data on countries' energy resources.