- Find Information
- Research Guides
- International Marketing & Management
International Marketing & Management
- Getting Started
- Country Profiles
- Doing Business
- International Companies & Industries
- Statistics & Data
- Global Business Etiquette
- Latin America and Mexico
- Africa & Middle East
- Citing in APA Style
- International News
Geert Hofstede™ Cultural Dimensions
- Geert Hofstede™ Cultural DimensionsComprare Hofstede scores for 6 dimensions for different countries.
- Hofstede's 6D Model of National CultureView short videos discussing each dimension.
Also check Global Business Etiquette page for resources on business etiquette and customs by country.
- Passport (Euromonitor) This link opens in a new windowGlobal consumer trends and lifestyles, income, expenditures, and more.
- Mintel Academic This link opens in a new windowLifestyle reports for US and UK consumers.
Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness (GLOBE)
- GLOBE ProjectA website for the GLOBE project (Global Leadership & Organizational Behavior Effectiveness).
- GLOBE Data by CountryVisualizations of country data via map, culture groups and A-Z list.
- Culture, Leadership, and Organizations by Robert J. House (Editor); et al.Publication Date: 2004Leadership, Culture and Organizations reports the results of a ten-year research program, the Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness research program (GLOBE). GLOBE is a long-term program designed to conceptualize, operationalize, test and validate a cross-level integrated theory of the relationship between culture and societal, organizational, and leadership effectiveness.
A team of 160 scholars worked together since 1994 to study societal culture, organizational culture, and attributes of effective leadership in 62 cultures. Leadership, Culture, and Organizations reports the findings of the first two phases of GLOBE. The book is primarily based on the results of the survey of over 17,000 middle managers in three industries: banking, food processing, and telecommunications, as well as archival measures of country economic prosperity and the physical and psychological well-being of the cultures studied.
GLOBE has several distinguishing features. First, it is truly a cross-cultural research program. The constructs were defined, conceptualized, and operationalized by the multicultural team of researchers. Second, the industries were selected through a polling of the country investigators, and the instruments were designed with the full participation of the researchers representing the different cultures. Finally, the data in each country were collected by investigators who were either natives of the cultures studied or had extensive knowledge and experience in that culture.
- Culture and Leadership Across the World by Felix C. Brodbeck (Editor); Jagdeep S. Chhokar (Editor); Robert J. House (Editor)Publication Date: 2007This volume presents a collection of global research addressing the culture of particular countries, leadership qualities within those countries, and recommendations on how managers should conduct business in countries other than their own. A massive effort with a cross-cultural focus and broad international appeal, this book explores: how leadership is conceptualized and enacted in its cultural milieu; quantitative data including middle manager questionnaires, unobtrusive measurement, and participant observation data; qualitative research from interviews, focus groups, and media analyses; and theoretical and methodological pitfalls that arise in the effort to develop universal management theories.
Trompenaars Hampden-Turner Model of Culture in Business (THT)
- Trompenaars Hampden-TurnerA commercial site with some useful free information.
- Riding the Waves of Culture by Fons Trompenaars; Charles Hampden-TurnerPublication Date: 2011The definitive guide to cross-cultural management--updated to help you lead effectively during a time of unprecedented globalization.
Find Books on Culture
Library Quick Search
- Marketing--Cross-Cultural Studies
- International Business Enterprises Marketing
- Business Cultures
- Corporate Culture
- Business Anthropology
- Cultures and Organizations : Software of the Mind: Intercultural Cooperation and Its Importance for Survival by Geert Hofstede; Gert Jan Hofstede; Michael MinkovCall Number: HM1211 .H574 2010ISBN: 0071664181Publication Date: 2010
- Beyond Hofstede by Cheryl Nakata (Editor)Call Number: HF5415 .B4455 2009
- Latin American Business Cultures by Robert Crane; Carlos RizowyCall Number: GN564.L29 L37 2005
- Transnational Business Cultures by Fiona MooreCall Number: HD62.4 .M656 2005
- Corporate Globalization: Business Cultures in Asia and Europe by Albrecht RothacherCall Number: HD58.7 .C67 2005
- Comparing Cultures by Henk Vinken (Volume Editor); Joseph Soeters (Volume Editor); Peter Ester (Volume Editor)Call Number: GN345.7 .C66 2004
- When Cultures Collide by Richard D. LewisCall Number: HD62.4 .L49 2005