Traditionally, the ultimate user or consumer of goods, ideas, and services. However, the term also is used to imply the buyer or decision maker as well as the ultimate consumer.
- The dynamic interaction of affect and cognition, behavior, and the environment by which human beings conduct the exchange aspects of their lives.
- The overt actions of consumers.
- The behavior of the consumer or decision maker in the market place of products and services. It often is used to describe the interdisciplinary field of scientific study that attempts to understand and describe such behavior.
The study of total size, sex, territorial distribution, age, composition, and other characteristics of human populations; the analysis of changes in the make-up of a population.
- (consumer behavior definition) A technique that investigates how people live, what interests them, and what they like; it is also called life style analysis or AlO because it relies on a number of statements about a person's activities, interests, and opinions.
- (marketing research definition) A technique that investigates how people live and what interests them.