- Find Information
- Research Guides
- SWK 5013: Human Behavior and Social Environment: Dynamics of Individuals and Families (Russell)
SWK 5013: Human Behavior and Social Environment: Dynamics of Individuals and Families (Russell)
- Getting Started for SWK 5013
- Library Resources
Scholarly Resources Librarian
UTSA Downtown Library BVB 2.314H
Social: LinkedIn Page Twitter Page
- Development Through the Lifespan by Laura E. BerkCall Number: DT Reserves BF713 .B465 2018ISBN: 9780134419695Publication Date: 2017-01-01Unparalleled Among Human Development Texts -- In a Class by Itself With its seamless integration of up-to-date research, strong multicultural and cross-cultural focus, and clear, engaging narrative, Development Through the Lifespan has established itself as the market's leading text. The dramatically revised 7th Edition presents the newest, most relevant research and applications in the field of human development today.
Request scans of chapters and pages through the UTSA Libraries (aka Get It For Me)
- This service is available at no charge for eligible UTSA students, faculty and staff.
- Typically, you'll hear back from us within two business days of making your request. If we need to purchase your item or borrow it from another library, it may take up to 10 days to arrive. Please note, it may take longer than usual to fill requests due to closures at our partner libraries.
- If your request is time sensitive, or for items showing as "On Order," email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please visit UTSA Libraries GET IT FOR ME page to learn more about this service, which will help you throughout the semester and your academic journey.
- Get It For MeGet It For Me is accepting requests for articles, books, and book chapters. We will fulfill requests when UTSA owns an available print copy or electronic copies are available, but there may be delays due to library closures nationwide. Interlibrary Loan for print materials has been suspended.
Understanding Copyright and Fair Use rules
Did you know that UTSA Libraries has a Scholarly Communication Librarian! Who ensures that we understand and follow copyright and fair use guidelines. To learn more about these and other scholarly communication topics, check out Emily's guides.
Copyright & Fair Use Basics
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Jun 30, 2022 186 views this year
Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines at UTSA
by Emily Johnson Last Updated May 25, 2023 355 views this year
Elsevier Negotiations Background
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Dec 1, 2022 157 views this year
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Apr 21, 2023 319 views this year
Open Access Week
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Apr 21, 2023 100 views this year
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Aug 13, 2022 141 views this year
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Jan 10, 2023 291 views this year
Runner Research Press Information for Authors
by Emily Johnson Last Updated Jan 7, 2023 277 views this year
- Lives Aross Cultures by Harry W. Gardiner; Corinne KosmitzkiISBN: 9780205841745Publication Date: 2010-07-13Interdisciplinary exploration of cross-cultural human development throughout the lifespan. Presented in a chronological-within-topics approach, covering the entire lifespan, this text focuses on cultural similarities and differences in human development throughout the world while emphasizing links among theory, research and practical applications. Combining the latest research with vignettes, stories, and personal experiences in their highly-praised, scholarly, yet engaging conversational - and frequently humorous - writing style, the authors make the study of similarities and differences an exciting experience.
American Psychological Association (APA)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association by American Psychological AssociationISBN: 9781433832161Publication Date: 2019-10-01The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the official source for APA Style. With millions of copies sold worldwide in multiple languages, it is the style manual of choice for writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, nursing, communications, education, business, engineering, and other fields. Known for its authoritative, easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, language, and tone that will result in powerful, concise, and elegant scholarly communication. It guides users through the scholarly writing process--from the ethics of authorship to reporting research through publication. The seventh edition is an indispensable resource for students and professionals to achieve excellence in writing and make an impact with their work. The seventh edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect best practices in scholarly writing and publishing. All formats are in full color, with a new tabbed spiral version Improved ease of navigation, with many additional numbered sections to help users quickly locate answers to their questions Resources for students on writing and formatting annotated bibliographies, response papers, and other paper types as well as guidelines on citing course materials Dedicated chapter for new users of APA Style covering paper elements and format, including sample papers for both professional authors and student writers New chapter on journal article reporting standards that includes updates to reporting standards for quantitative research and the first-ever qualitative and mixed methods reporting standards in APA Style New chapter on bias-free language guidelines for writing about people with respect and inclusivity in areas including age, disability, gender, participation in research, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality More than 100 new reference examples covering periodicals, books, audiovisual media, social media, webpages and websites, and legal resources More than 40 new sample tables and figures Expanded guidance on ethical writing and publishing practices, including how to ensure the appropriate level of citation, avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism, and navigate the publication process Guidelines that support accessibility for all users, including simplified reference, in-text citation, and heading formats as well as additional font options
To learn more about how to cite resources and reading materials. Visit our Cite it Right guide
Cite It Right
by Tara Schmidt Last Updated May 13, 2023 2207 views this year
Also, check out Excelsior OWL for additional support on the APA style guide. Excelsior OWL covers both editions of APA the 6th and 7th.
- Excelsior College OWL- APA StyleAbout the Excelsior OWL
The Excelsior OWL is designed to provide support for writers as they begin the process of writing for college and as they transition to writing outside of their introductory writing classes or programs.
The Excelsior OWL is unique in its multimedia support for writers. It offers a wide variety of interactive multimedia activities, quizzes, videos, and interactive PDFs – all designed to help writers understand important concepts about writing.
The Excelsior OWL is available 24/7 and can be used as either a supplement to or a replacement for traditional textbooks in the field. The Excelsior OWL supports students in online or traditional classrooms and can be useful in “flipping” a curriculum. The content of the Excelsior OWL focuses on best practices in the field of writing instruction and provides support for students during the writing process and in a variety of rhetorical situations. The Excelsior OWL emphasizes that there is no one “right” way to write and teaches students to use basic rhetorical concepts to evaluate a situation and respond well. The Excelsior OWL also focuses on helping students make connections from their writing courses to writing across the disciplines and beyond.
The Excelsior OWL is meant to provide students with a unique, warm, and engaging experience as they learn more about writing for college.