- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Managing Author Profiles Online
Managing Author Profiles Online
- Getting Started
- ORCIDToggle Dropdown
- Google Scholar Profile
- Web of Science Researcher ID & Profile
- Scopus Author Profile
- ResearchGate & Semantic Scholar
Scholarly Communication Librarian
Author Digital Identifiers & Profiles
Multiple options have emerged in recent years for managing scholarly author identity online. After investing time into the initial setup, you can use these profiles to help disambiguate yourself from other researchers with the same or similar name and access up-to-date information on your citations metrics. These profiles stay with you throughout your career, allowing use across multiple organizations and institutions.
For UTSA researchers and scholars, we recommend exploring the following:
Benefits of Author Profiles for Researchers
Ensure correct identification and attribution of your work:
- Distinguish yourself from other researchers with similar names.
- Link all name variants and formerly used names (e.g. Mueller J., Muller J, Mueller, JR, Jörg Müller, Joerg Mueller, Jorg Muller). Keep in mind that many publishers index initials and not a full name.
- List your affiliations.
Use for career advancement and tenure:
- Obtain up-to-date citation metrics to demonstrate your research and scholarly impact. Once you set up your profiles, your citation metrics are automatically updated.
- Keep track of your h-indexes.
- Manage your entire scholarly output and grant activity. Use new researcher identifiers not only with journal articles, but with books, book chapters, datasets, working papers, conference proceedings, grants, patents, manuscript submissions, and more.
- Link ORCID with Web of Science ResearcherID and Scopus Author Profile for easy updates.
- Take control of how your scholarly output is presented online not only within UTSA, but globally. Make yourself findable.
- Improve administrative efficiency by keeping track of your entire scholarly output and re-using your data.
Control privacy settings of your researcher profiles.
Find collaborators outside your institution and across disciplines.
Take your author profile to another institution.