- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Political Science
Guide to research in political science.
Security Databases & Websites
- Digital National Security Archive (DNSA) (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowDNSA contains a wealth of significant primary documents relating to U.S. foreign and military policy since 1945 obtained through the U.S. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Divided into 53 collections on Cuba, Mexico, South and Central America, Afghanistan, the former Soviet Union, South Africa, Iran, China, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines and other areas. Documents include memos, diplomatic dispatches, meeting notes, independent reports, briefing papers, White House communications, emails, and confidential letters. Also see National Security Archive.
- Praeger Security International Online This link opens in a new windowProvides access to a collection of materials related to security and terrorism, covering topics such as immigration and border control, disaster response, transportation security, counterinsurgency, weapons of mass destruction, and energy and security. Includes over 600 e-books published by Praeger Security International, commentaries by scholars and field experts, and over 1,000 primary documents.
- DTIC Online (Defense Technical Information Center)Provides citations and full text for unclassified Department of Defense and government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and military related documents.
- Homeland Security Digital LibraryFull text access to documents related to national security, emergency preparedness, terrorism, border security and related topics from federal, state, tribal, and local government agencies, professional organizations, think tanks, academic institutions, and international governing bodies. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Dudley Knox Library of the Naval Postgraduate School.
- Human Security Report ProjectTracks global and regional trends in organized violence, especially because of terrorism and warfare. Researchers with academic backgrounds in international affairs and statistics compile HSRP's free online publications.
- National Security ArchiveAn independent non-governmental research institute and library located at The George Washington University, the Archive collects and publishes declassified documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. The Archive also serves as a repository of government records on a wide range of topics pertaining to the national security, foreign, intelligence, and economic policies of the United States.
- Texas National Security ReviewAn open access journal about national security published by the Texas National Security Network at UT Austin.