- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Census Reports & Statistics
Census Reports & Statistics
- Getting Started
- 1950 Decennial Census Records
- U.S. Decennial Census & American Community Survey
- Race and Ethnicity in the Census
- 2020 U.S. Decennial Census
- U.S. Census Tract Data
- U.S. & State Census Population and Non-Population Schedules
- Other Government Surveys
- Puerto Rico
- International Statistical Agencies
Census Tract / Enumeration Data
- Census Tract Reference MapsShows the boundaries and names of geographic areas for which the Census Bureau tabulates statistical data. Census, General, Congressional Districts, Metropolitan Area, Public Use Microdata Areas (PUMAs), State Legislative Districts, Urban Areas, 2007 Economic Census.
- Census Tract Reference Maps - 2010> Choose a State
> Choose a County
> Choose a Census Tract Map (use magnifying glass to zoom in or out)
> Choose number(s) of tracts that you want
> Bexar County Census Tract Map (2010)
> San Antonio Census Tract Map (2010)
2000 Census Tract Maps
Texas: 2000 Population and Housing Unit Counts (PHC-3-45) (184 pages)
Texas: 2000 Summary Population and Housing Characteristics (PHC-1-45) (742 pages)
1990 Census Tract Maps
1990 Census of Population and Housing ... Census Tracts and Block Numbering.
San Antonio, TX MSA (CPH 1990 3-292) HathiTrust 2 volumes - 864 pages.
1980 Census of Population and Housing ... Census Tracts and Block Numbering Areas.
San Antonio, TX MSA (PHC80-2-319) HathiTrust (437 pages)
Print: 3rd Floor Govt Docs C 3.223/11 : 1990 (Census Tract Maps for Texas Cities)
1970-1980 Census Report : A Comparative Profile of Bexar County by Census Tracts /
JPL 4th Floor Rare Books Folio HB3525.T4 A14 1984
1970 Census Tract Maps (Texas)
Print: 3rd Floor Govt Docs C 3.224/5:970/223 (with reports)
Online (maps only): San Antonio SMSA
PHC 1-186 Census Tracts San Antonio, TX (179 pages)
PHC 1-34 Bryan-College Station, Texas, Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area
PHC 1-78 Galveston-Texas City, Texas, Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area
1970 General Population Characteristics: Texas
Urban Atlas, Tract Data for Standard Metropolitan Statistical Areas : San Antonio, Texas
JPL 3rd Floor Super Folio G1374.S2E25 U5 1974 Also copy in Rare Books
1960 Census Tract Map for San Antonio MSA (see p. 82 - 86)
PHC 1-134 Final Report U.S. Census of Population and Housing
1950 Census Tract Data
There were only 64 tracted cities in 1950, expanded to 180 in 1960. Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth and Austin were the only Texas cities included in 1950. San Antonio tract tabulations began in 1960.
1950 Census Tract Maps (from Indiana University Bloomington)
1940 Census Tract Maps (from Indiana University Bloomington)
1940 - 2010 Census Tract Maps Online (from Michigan State University)
- Tracts and Block Numbering AreasHistory of Census Tract system
- Descriptions of Census Enumeration Districts, 1830-1950 (on microfilm)National Archives Microfilm Publications ; microcopy no. T1224
4th Floor Govt. Docs. Microfilm Cabinets HA214 .N38 no.T1224
(Library has: Reel 1 - Reel 4, Reel 6, Reel 28 - Reel 31, Reel 34, Reel 37, Reel 39, Reel 41 - Reel 56, Reel 58, Reel 60, Reel 87) Texas is on reel #39 in 1910; reel #58 in 1920; reel #87 in 1930
NARA Finding Aid
- 1930 US GenWeb Census Project - Bexar County httOnline San Antonio Enumeration Districts for 1930
- 1940 Texas Enumeration District Maps OnlineFrom UT Austin. Includes San Antonio.
- 1940 Census Enumeration District Maps - Texas - Bexar County - San Antonio - ED 259-1 - ED 259-218Online from National Archives.
- 1950 Census Enumeration District Maps - Texas - Bexar - San Antonio - ED 265-1 to 462Online from National Archives (NARA) ED 265-1 to 462
- HeritageQuest Online (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowPopulation Schedules in HeritageQuest list Enumeration Districts on top right corner of each sheet. Population schedules available 1790 to 1940.
- Unified Census ED Finder"Obtaining the Census Enumeration District for an 1880 to 1950 Location in One Step" Stephen P. Morse, PhD & Joel D. Weintraub, PhD
- USGenWeb Census Project: Texas httList of available transcribed Enumeration Districts for Texas by County. (Incomplete) USGenWeb is a nonprofit public benefit corporation coordinating a U.S. Census transcription effort.
- National Historical Geographic Information System (NHGIS)Provides, free of charge, aggregate census data and GIS-compatible boundary files for the United States between 1790 and 2010.
1990: Census of Population and Housing. Population and Housing Characteristics for Census Tracts and Block Numbering Areas, Maps. San Antonio, Tex, MSA
JPL 4th Floor US Govt Docs: C 3.224/11: 1990 CPH-3-292
1980: Census of Population and Housing. Block Statisics, San Antonio, Tex, SMSA
JPL 3rd Floor US Govt Docs: C 3.224/5: PHC 80-1-319
1970: 1970 Census of Housing. Block Statistics. San Antonio, TX. Urbanized areas.
JPL 3rd Floor US Govt Docs: C 3.224/5: 970/242
- data.census.gov (Explore Census Data) This link opens in a new windowPrimary search tool to browse and access U.S. census data and build custom, downloadable tables, charts, reports, maps and data visualizations. Includes detailed data on population, housing, economics, and geographies from the Decennial Census, American Community Survey, Economic Census and other surveys.
Topics and geographies are easy to search using the single search bar, or access more detailed data using the filters in the Advanced Search option.
Access data.census.gov tutorials.