This guide gives an overview of the library's e-book providers
E-books at UTSA
UTSA Libraries provide access to e-books from multiple sources. The functionality of library e-books vary widely by vendor or publisher. A few general tips:
- Library e-books don't work the same way as e-books you would personally purchase from Amazon or any other vendor because of the publisher restrictions and library licensing requirements.
- Most of our e-books are for unlimited users at a time, but some are for limited or single users. You will receive a message if an e-book is not available.
- You may read any of our e-books online in a web browser.
- Many e-books may be downloaded for off-line reading.
- Adobe Digital Editions is common software required for downloading many e-books.
- BlueFire Reader is a common app for downloading e-books on mobile devices and tablets.
- If a vendor allows downloading an entire e-book, it will most likely expire after a set period of time.
- You may print, download, and keep single chapters if they are available as PDFs.
This guide will help you:
- Find e-books at UTSA Libraries.
- Learn about UTSA e-book subject collections, with specific tips for downloading, printing and e-reader support.
- Answer FAQs about e-books.
Find e-books at UTSA Libraries: