- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Copyright in the K-12 Classroom
Copyright in the K-12 Classroom
This guide is for preservice teachers wanting to know more about copyright in the classroom.
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Creative Commons
- Freely-Available Resources
- UTSA Curriculum Collection
- Other Helpful Resources
Subjects: Bicultural - Bilingual Studies, Counseling, Education
Copyright and Fair Use Essentials
Four Fair Use Factors:
• the purpose and character of your use
• the nature of the copyrighted work
• the amount and substantiality of the portion taken, and
• the effect of the use upon the potential market.
Remember the "Mom Test," too - if you couldn't tell your mom what you are doing, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
Here are some links, in addition to the Mom Test, to help you figure out if you would be operating within the Fair Use guidelines in your classroom: