- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Political Science
Guide to research in political science.
- Europa World Plus This link opens in a new windowProvides access to the online version of the Europa World Year Book and the nine-volume Regional Surveys of the World series. Includes economic, political, and geographic background information, as well as statistical data and analysis by country. Directory information is provided for governmental, society, media, business enterprise, and international organizations. Only a few people can use this database at one time.
- International Political Science Abstracts (Sage) This link opens in a new window
- OECD iLibrary This link opens in a new windowAn online library of books, journals, statistics, and reports from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Includes statistical data covering 80 countries going back to 1960s. Focus on economics, business, education, employment, energy, migration, social issues, and environment. Additional content from International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF). Updated regularly.
OECD books and reports
Working papers and journals
- CIA World Factbook Country ProfilesThe World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- Corruption Perceptions IndexRanks almost 200 countries by their perceived levels of corruption, as determined by expert assessments and opinion surveys.
- Eurasianet.orgProvides information and analysis about political, economic, environmental and social developments in the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus, as well as in Russia, Turkey, and Southwest Asia.
- Geo.worldbank.orgSyncs WorldBank data with Google Maps.
- Global Corruption BarometerProvides surveys of more than 90,000 people in 86 countries around the world for .The 2010 barometer also examines bribery.
- Global Peace IndexRanks 140 countries their 'absence of violence', using metrics that combine both internal and external factors. Most people understand the absence of violence as an indicator of peace. This definition also allows for the measuring of peacefulness within, as well as between, nations.
- MIT Center for International StudiesPublishes the Foreign Policy Index, which is an annual review of U.S. foreign policy by subject area.
- Mo Ibrahim FoundationSupports African leadership that will improve the economic and social prospects of the people of Africa. The Foundation publishes an annual index of African governance.
- Political Database of the Americas (PDBA)The Political Database of the Americas (PDBA) is a non-governmental project of the Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) at Georgetown University. The PDBA offers centralized and systematized information about institutions and political processes, national constitutions, branches of government, elections, political constitutional studies and other subjects related to the strengthening of democracy in the region.
- Transparency InternationalNon-profit non-partisan that promotes transparency in governments by fighting corruption. View corruption by country.
- Background Notes - U.S. Department of StateUnder "Countries and Areas". Current and archival reports include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations on each region.
- Understanding Resistance: An Introduction to AnarchismThis College & Research Libraries News article by Joshua Finnell and Jerome Marcantel lists links to anarchist guides, archives, journals, and presses.
- Government at a Glance by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) (Contribution by)ISBN: 9789264233461Publication Date: 2015-07-20Government at a Glance provides readers with a dashboard of key indicators assembled with the goal of contributing to the analysis and international comparison of public sector performance. Indicators on government revenues, expenditures, and employment are provided alongside key output and outcome data in the sectors of education, health and justice.
- Handbook of International Relations by Beth A. Simmons (Editor); Walter E. (Emmanuel) Carlsnaes (Editor); Thomas Risse (Editor)ISBN: 1849201501Publication Date: 2012-09-28The original Handbook of International Relations was the first authoritative and comprehensive survey of the field of international relations. In this eagerly-awaited new edition, the editors have once again drawn together a team of the world's leading scholars of international relations to provide a state-of-the-art review and indispensable guide to the field, ensuring its position as the pre-eminent volume of its kind. A genuinely international undertaking, the handbook reviews the many historical, philosophical, analytical and normative roots to the discipline and the key contemporary topics of research and debate today.
- The Handbook of National Legislatures by M. Steven Fish; Matthew KroenigISBN: 9780521514668Publication Date: 2009-02-02Assesses the strength of the national legislature of every country in the world with a population of at least a half-million inhabitants. The Legislative Powers Survey (LPS) is a list of thirty-two items that gauge the legislature's sway over the executive, its institutional autonomy, its authority in specific areas and its institutional capacity.
- The Oxford Handbook of British Politics by Matthew Flinders (Editor); Andrew Gamble (Editor); Colin Hay (Editor); Michael Kenny (Editor)ISBN: 9780199230952Publication Date: 2009-09-28Provides the most sophisticated and up-to-date analysis of British politics to date. Essential for all those working in the area.
- The Oxford Handbook of Canadian Politics by John C. Courtney; David E. SmithISBN: 9780195335354Publication Date: 2010-04-08Provides a comprehensive overview of the transformation that has occurred in Canadian politics since the country achieved autonomy, examining the institutions and processes of Canadian government and politics at the local, provincial and federal levels. It analyzes all aspects of the Canadian political system: the courts, elections, political parties, Parliament, the constitution, fiscal and political federalism, the diffusion of policies between regions, and various aspects of public policy.
- Political Handbook of the Americas 2008 by CQ Press Staff (Editor)Call Number: JF37 .P55 2008ISBN: 0872899039Publication Date: 2008-06-03One of 5 regional political handbooks published by CQ Press, the others covering the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe. The Americas volume provides overviews of 39 countries. A second major section covers Intergovernmental Organizations.