- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Elementary Education
This guide was created to assist the professors and students focusing on elementary education within the Department of Interdisciplinary Learning & Teaching.
- A to Z Teacher StuffA to Z Teacher Stuff is a teacher-created site designed to help teachers find online resources more quickly and easily. Find lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, discussion forums for teachers, downloadable teaching materials & eBooks, printable worksheets and blacklines, emergent reader books, themes, and more.
- ADL Curriculum Connections: Anti-Bias Lesson Plans for EducatorsCurriculum Connections is a collection of original lesson plans and resources that help K-12 educators integrate multicultural, anti-bias, and social justice themes into their curricula. Each edition is organized around a particular topic or theme, and a new edition is published three to four times per school year.
- Discovery Education Lesson Plan LibraryDiscovery Education combines scientifically proven, standards-based digital media and a user community in order to empower teachers to improve student achievement. Free lesson plans written by teachers for teachers. Here you will find hundreds of original lesson plans for elementary, middle and high school students.
- Gateway to 21st Century SkillsThe Gateway (formerly known as GEM) was developed with funds from the U.S. Department of Education to provide teachers with learning resources created by over 750 publicly funded organizations.
It has been archived in the WayBack Machine.
- Learningscience.orgOrganized according to the National Science Education Standards from the National Academy of Sciences, this site includes inquiry-based lessons, visual lessons, imaging, interactive Web lessons, and real-time data collection. All resources are free. A highly recommended portal to Web-based learning tools that have bee analyzed by scientists and science educators.
- NEA Lesson Plan SearchThe National Education Association (NEA) has gathered thousands of terrific lesson plans for all age levels.
- PE CentralPE Central's mission is "to assist teachers, parents, and others who work with youngsters to guide them in the process of becoming physically active and healthy for a lifetime."
- Read Write Think: Classroom Resources"Hundreds of standards-based lesson plans written and reviewed by educators using current research and the best instructional practices."
- Share My LessonThis is an American Federation of Teachers (AFT) web portal with activities, worksheets, and lesson plans.
- Teachnet.comContains lots of tips, techniques, lesson ideas, and micro activities
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Polk LibraryThe Polk Library has a great site filled with lesson plan ideas on a variety of subjects.
- TeachingBooks.net This link opens in a new windowProvides access to original, in-studio movies of authors and illustrators, audio excerpts of professional book readings, guides to thousands of titles, and a number of multimedia resources on children's and young adult literature. Search by author, title, subject, and grade. "Eye-on-the-Web" automated emails contain personally tailored reports filled with hot links that match specific interests.