- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Korean Language, Literature & Culture
Korean Language, Literature & Culture
Guide to print and online resources for learning Korean
Bilingual Short Stories - Beginner to Intermediate Level
Easy readers and other bilingual books can help you learn a language by pairing short readings in the language you're learning with English side by side. Try reading the text and if you get stuck, look at the translation.
These titles are in Korean, with parallel English translation.
- Korean Stories for Language Learners: Traditional Folktales in Korean and English by Julie Damron; EunSun YouCall Number: PL913.65 .K67 2018
- Chinatown by Jung-Hee OhCall Number: PL992.58.C63 C4513 2004
- Twofold Song by Mun-yol YiCall Number: PL992.9.M83 T82613 2004
- A Walk in the Mountains by Young-en SoCall Number: PL992.74.Y6 S2613 2004
- The Snowy Road by Chong-jun YiCall Number: PL992.9.C414 S66 2004
- Tower of Ants by In-ho ChoiCall Number: PL992.18.I45 K3413 2004
- Weathered Blossom by Wan-suh ParkCall Number: PL992.62.W34 M3713 2006
Intermediate Level Reader
In Korean, with vocabulary and grammar notes in English. English translations of each story can be found at the back of the book.
- The Routledge Intermediate Korean Reader by Jaehoon Yeon; Jieun Kiaer; Lucien BrownCall Number: PL913.65 .Y46 2014
Click on a title to check its availability at the UTSA Libraries.
- A History of Korean Literature by Peter H. LeeCall Number: PL956 .H57 2003
- Twentieth Century Korean Literature by Nam-Ho YiCall Number: PL958.6 .T94 2005
- Early Korean Literature: Selections and Introductions by David R. McCannAvailable as an e-book
- The Columbia Anthology of Modern Korean Poetry by David R. McCannCall Number: PL984 .E3 C647 2004
- The Columbia Anthology of Traditional Korean Poetry by Peter H. LeeCall Number: PL984 .E3 C65 2002
Find Korean Webtoons on your computer or download an app for your smartphone.
- Naver - Webtoons in KoreanA variety of Webtoons in Korean.