- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Korean Language, Literature & Culture
Korean Language, Literature & Culture
Guide to print and online resources for learning Korean
Foreign Language News
- Nexis Uni (LexisNexis) This link opens in a new windowCovers a wide variety of publications including major US and local newspapers, foreign language news, news transcripts and trade papers. Updated daily.
To limit to a specific language: Advanced Search > News > Language
> Available languages include: Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and many others.
- ProQuest This link opens in a new windowProQuest is a comprehensive multidisciplinary search platform for access to journal articles, current and historical newspaper articles, wire feeds, e-books, streaming videos, audio, dissertations and theses, conference proceedings, working papers, reference works, pamphlets and ephemeral works.
For Foreign Language newspapers, filter for > Newspapers > Language
Languages include Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Hindi, Urdu, Danish, Japanese, Korean among others.
For more details of individual sources see individual entries under Publications in the ProQuest database.
- Ethnic NewsWatch (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowFull-text current and historical newspapers, magazines, and journals of the ethnic and minority presses of the U.S. and Canada. Provides the unique viewpoint of Hispanic, Native Peoples, African American, Caribbean, Asian/Pacific Islander, European/Eastern European, and Jewish communities. Dates of coverage: 1959-current.
- Google News - Other News EditionsSelect from drop down menu at left specific countries: Mexico, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Cuba, Peru, Portugal, Brazil and Venezuela to see news in Spanish. Choose "Espanol Estados Unidos" for Spanish-language news from the U.S.
- Google TranslateWith more than 100 supported languages you can translate words, sentences, text and documents into or from your preferred language. Supports uploading and translation of documents including searchable PDFs.
Note: This is machine translation so 100% accuracy in translation and grammar not guaranteed.
- Acceda Noticias (Access News) (NewsBank) This link opens in a new windowArticles from U.S. and worldwide Spanish-language news sources including newspapers, journals, blogs, newswires and broadcast transcripts. A subset of Access World News.
- Informe Académico (Gale) This link opens in a new windowAccess to full text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers on a wide range of subjects and current events.
- Latin American and Mexican Online NewsExtensive collection of links to current online newspapers and magazines from Mexico, Central America, Caribbean, and South America. UTSA Research Guide.