ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Data Sources
Bloomberg's Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) product
Bloomberg’s product provides ESG metrics for over 11,500 companies across over 83 countries, and up to 12 years of historical data. ESG details can be accessed through any Bloomberg Terminal® or via an Enterprise Data feed. Bloomberg’s product of ESG data includes:
- as reported data
- derived ratios, and
- sector and country specific fields
There are 900+ fields covering across several sustainability key topics, such as:
- Air quality
- Climate change
- Water & energy management
- Materials & waste
- Human capital
- Audit risk & oversight
- Board independence, structure & tenure
- Shareholders’ rights
Finding ESG Data for a Specific Company
For a specific company:
- Type ticker of a company of interest.
- Then, hit the yellow EQUITY key.
- Type FA ESG to see the ESG performance of an individual company.
- Select the sub-tabs for additional ESG metrics.
- Enter RV ESG<GO> to access the Relative Valuation function, so comparing ESG metrics with related companies,.
For a list of available variables:
- Type EQS and hit the green <GO> key.
- Click Fields button.
- Expand the Fundamentals menu, then Bloomberg Fundamentals, and then ESG, to see a list of available variables.
ESG related commands (for Finding ESG Data in Bloomberg terminals)
Using ESG related Bloomberg commands:
- Type a ticker into the amber box to start your search.
- Type ESG <GO> to find ESG ratings by company. .
- Type: BI ESG <GO> to view the scores
- Type BESG <GO> to find overviews of Bloomberg's ESG content.
- Type ESGD <GO> for the ESG Data Discovery platform. Use the left side menu to filter the results. Type the Field ID into the main search bar to find that data point for a loaded company.
- Type XLTP XSCR <GO> for the ESG Scorecard in the Excel Template Library.