- Find Information
- Research Guides
- OER Design: Support for UTSA Faculty
OER Design: Support for UTSA Faculty
Professional Development and Training
Workshops for faculty, staff and students on copyright, OER and OER creation include:
Fair use and other copyright exceptions
Re-using copyrighted material
Understanding your copyrights
Negotiating publishing agreements
Copyright and your thesis/dissertation
Coming Soon: Creative Commons Licensing
Coming Soon: Pressbooks: Basic and Advanced
- Texas Learn OERA set of openly licensed modules for faculty, staff, and administrators. Modules include: copyright and attribution; understanding OER; why OER; finding and evaluating OER; accessibility; Creative Commons licensing; adapting, creating and sharing OER; a look at OER in Texas; and a final assessment. Successful course completion earns a certificate.
- Open EducationThe Open Education Conference (“OpenEd”) is an annual convening for sharing and learning about open educational resources, open pedagogy, and open education. This dynamic gathering celebrates the core values of open education that strive to realize education ecosystems that are accessible, affordable, equitable and inclusive to everyone, regardless of their background.
- Open TexasThe Texas Digital Library (TDL) and the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex) jointly organize the annual Open Texas conference to convene librarians, faculty, administrators, and other open education practitioners and advocates in Texas.
- Textbook Affordability ConferenceSponsored by the National Association of College Stores, an annual conference or virtual event allowing representatives from campus bookstores, librarians, faculty, and instructional designers to come together to discuss and tailor OER campus initiatives.
- Kraemer Copyright ConferenceThe Kraemer Copyright Conference is a dynamic and enriching FREE conference that offers public, academic, special, and school librarians the opportunity to learn about U.S. Copyright Law, recent updates to the law, and how it impacts the services we offer to our library users. This conference provides an opportunity for professionals at every level and across libraries to discuss the importance of copyright in libraries.
- Miami University Copyright ConferenceAnnual copyright conference sponsored by the Miami University Libraries centered on copyright and issues surrounding it.
- Texas Conference on Digital LibrariesThe Texas Conference on Digital Libraries covers topics relevant to the creation, promotion, and preservation of research, scholarship, and cultural heritage digital materials.
- International Journal of Open Educational ResourcesThe aim of IJOER is to provide a venue for the publication of quality academic research with an emphasis on representing Open Educational Resources in teaching, learning, scholarship and policy.
- International Review of Research in Open and Distance LearningThe International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning (IRRODL) is a refereed, open access e-journal that disseminates original research, theory, and best practice in open and distributed learning worldwide. IRRODL is available free-of-charge to anyone with access to the Internet, and there are no article submission or access charges for publication in this open journal.
- Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-LearningOpen Learning a leading international journal in the field of open, flexible and distance learning. The Journal is widely subscribed to and read throughout the world by those in specialist distance education institutions, and also by those using distance, flexible and technology based forms of learning in conventional education and training contexts.