EDP 6223: Research in Single Case Design (Neely)
This research guide was created to help students in Dr. Neely's EDP 6223 course.
What are the purposes of a systematic literature review?
Systematic Lit reviews do the following:
- Summarize the research on a specific topic
- Evaluate the research on a specific topic
- Identify relations, contradictions, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Compare studies in terms of assumptions about the research question, experimental method, data analysis, and any conclusions drawn
- Inform areas of future research
- Inform practice
How is a systematic literature review different from “searching the literature”?
"Unlike traditional reviews, the purpose of a systematic review is to provide as complete a list as possible of all the published and unpublished studies relating to a particular subject area."
Differences in chart form