- Find Information
- Research Guides
- India & South Asia
India & South Asia
- Getting Started
- Books & Video
- Writing & Citing
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Subjects: Art & Art History, History, Languages, Modern, Newspapers
Search Library Quick Search
Library Quick Search
Use Library Quick Search to search for books and articles across many databases in a single search.
How to Use Google Scholar Off CampusDue to recent changes made by Google, you'll need to do a one-time set-up for your account to access full-text articles available through UTSA Libraries. Step by step instructions provided.
- South Asia Open Archives (SAOA) This link opens in a new windowDigitized historical primary and secondary source content in four curated collections exploring caste and social structure, literature, social and economic history, and women and gender. Includes books, pamphlets, periodicals, newspapers, government documents, literary criticism, and creative works from the 19th and 20th centuries. Search across all four collections at once or search them individually.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowComprehensive multidisciplinary, multilingual source for articles in scholarly and professional journals, magazines, newspapers, conference proceedings and more. All subjects.
Coverage: 1867-current. Updated daily
- ProQuest Research Library This link opens in a new windowOffers indexing/abstracting to articles in over 3,300 journals across a wide range of subject areas, more than 1,700 of which are also available in full text. Subject strengths include the arts and humanities, business, education, health, international studies, law, literature, multicultural studies, psychology, the sciences, and the social sciences.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowSearchable full-text and full-image backfiles of scholarly journals, as well as e-books, and primary resources. Subject areas include the arts, humanities, social sciences, science, math, and business. Includes the Artstor Digital Library containing millions of images from the world's museums, archives, and libraries.
- Project MUSE This link opens in a new window
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSelectively indexes and abstracts the scholarly literature of world history from 1450 to the present. Includes citations to journal articles, book and media reviews, and dissertations. Also includes useful features such as the ability to search by historical time period. For U.S. and Canadian history see America: History and Life.
- SocINDEX with Full Text (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowIndexes and abstracts thousands of journals in all subdisciplines of sociology, many in full text. Also includes full-text books, monographs, and conference papers. Topics include anthropology, criminal justice, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, social work, and urban studies, among others. Coverage for some "core" titles begins in the early 1880s, but most coverage begins in the late 1990s.
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowFocuses on sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences, indexing and abstracting thousands of titles including journals, conference papers, books, and dissertations.
- Sociology: A Sage Full-Text Collection This link opens in a new windowProvides full-text access to 37 journals published by Sage on topics in sociology, including contemporary and comparative sociology, consumer culture, childhood, classical sociology, ethnic studies, gender studies, leisure studies, social theory, sociology of sport, and labor studies.
- Anthropological Literature (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSelectively indexes articles and essays in anthropology, archaeology, and related interdisciplinary fields from more than 900 journals and monographic series published in English and other European languages.
- Education Full-text (EBSCO) This link opens in a new window(Also known as Education Abstracts) Selectively indexes and abstracts articles from more than 400 English-language periodicals. Books relating to education published from 1995 to the present are also indexed. Indexing coverage begins with June 1983, abstracting begins with January 1994, and full-text coverage from more than 150 of the periodicals begins with January 1996.
- Periodicals Archive Online (PAO) (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowSearch periodicals in the humanities and social sciences including disciplines such as anthropology, area studies, economics, education, history, linguistics and philology, literature, music and the performing arts, and sociology, among others. Covers publications from the 15th century to the present. Includes full-text articles in languages other than English, with significant offerings in Spanish, French, and German.
- PAIS International (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowPAIS, Public Affairs Information Service, indexes issues in the public debate through selective coverage of publications from more than 120 countries. Includes journal articles, books, government documents, statistical information, grey literature, research reports, conference papers, web content, and more, on a variety of subjects.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowIndexes and abstracts thousands of international journals in political science and related fields, including international relations, law, public administration, and public policy.
- Dissertations & Theses Global (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowProvides citations and abstracts, as well as full text PDFs, to millions of doctoral dissertations and master's theses from graduate schools and universities around the world. Full text coverage is primarily from 1997 forward, with a significant number of full text titles previous to 1997. Coverage is from 1637 to the present.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO), Parts 1 & 2 (Gale) This link opens in a new windowBased on The English Short Title Catalogue, a historical bibliography of works printed in England, Scotland, and Ireland, ECCO provides more than 180,000 English-language titles and editions published between 1701 and 1800.