Publication Process Tutorial
Welcome and Instructions
Thank you for participating in UTSA Libraries' Publication Process Tutorial!
The following are the learning objectives for this tutorial:
- Students will have a basic understanding of the different types of publications
- Students will have a basic understanding of the publication process from idea to publication
- Students will learn about the peer-review process for scholarly publications
- Students will be aware of their rights as an author and right to negotiate copyright with publishers
- Students will learn the warning signs of a predatory publisher and how to evaluate a publisher for quality
To get started, progress through the tabs on the left-hand side of the screen in order. Each tab will contain several resources for you to review, including videos and other web pages. Thoroughly review all the resources provided and complete the assessment in Part 6.