UTSA Memberships and Publisher/Transformative Agreements
UTSA Libraries actively seeks partnerships with organizations and publishers to reduce costs and provide value for our researchers. Below is a list of our current memberships and transformative agreements with publishers. For more information on the benefits of a specific membership, reach out to your subject librarian.
Publisher and Transformative Agreements
- BioMed Central- 15% discount on APCs
- Cambridge University Press- Article Processing Charges (APCs) waived at 100% through December 2023
- MDPI- 10% discount on APCs
- Springer Open- 15% discount on APCs
The library does not currently fund APCs but encourages UTSA researchers to take advantage of these APC discounts.
Runner Research Press
UTSA's Runner Research Press is an open access repository that collects, preserves and disseminates the scholarly and creative output of the university. Faculty are encouraged to submit their work for inclusion in RRP. To learn more about the submission process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OER Adoption at UTSA
Open educational resources (OER) are freely accessible online teaching and learning materials. They can be videos, textbooks, quizzes, learning modules and more. Using OER in your classroom can save you time and your students money.
"Infographic: Impact of Student Textbook Costs on Student Progress” by Florida Virtual Campus Office of Distance Learning & Student Services, 2018 is licensed under CC BY 4.0
UTSA Libraries Adopt a Free Textbook Grants (Grants open January 1, 2021 for Fall 2021 adoption.)
- Awarded to all courses
- Applications proposing the use of OER, library resources, or other affordable learning materials
- Individual: $1,000 for a faculty member to adopt a free textbook in one course
- Group: $1,500 - $7,000 (calculated based on number of students impacted) for faculty to adopt a free textbook in a course (minimum 3 instructor collaboration or all instructors for a course)