- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Resources & Services for Graduate Students
Resources & Services for Graduate Students
Supporting the research and teaching needs of students pursuing a Masters degree or Ph.D.
- Your Research
- Writing, Citing, & Copyright
- Graduate Study Spaces
- Your Teaching
- Your Career
- International Students
- Library Partners
Get the Resources and Support You Need!
The UTSA Libraries works with our partners to provide research, teaching, and writing support for UTSA Graduate Students. Be sure to make use of all of these valuable resources!
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Subjects: Art & Art History, History, Languages, Modern, Newspapers
Your Librarian is the subject specialist for your academic department or program and is your first point of contact for research support.
Your Librarian can provide:
- Help finding relevant resources for your research and strategies for staying current in your field
- Help in selecting and using citation managers to organize your research and works cited
- Thesis and dissertation research support
- Guidance on managing your professional research identity, publishing venues, scholarly metrics, and copyright
- Customized instruction in the use of subject specific resources for your students
- Assistance in designing class assignments to support critical thinking and information literacy objectives
- My Library AccountSee what items you have checked out, keep track of due dates, and renew materials.
- Borrowing PrivilegesBorrowing policies by group and by type of material. Information about overdue fines.
- Get It for MeInterlibrary loan, document delivery, transport items between JPL and Downtown Library.
- TexShareTexShare is a statewide library resource-sharing program. It allows users from one library to check out library materials at other participating libraries.
- Borrow Tech GearFind out what tech gear is available to borrow from the UTSA Libraries.
- Print / Copy / ScanLearn about the locations and use of the Libraries' printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Research GuidesLibrarian recommended resources for your subject area.
- DatabasesDiscover important resources for your discipline. Organized alphabetically and by discipline.
- Off-Campus Access to Electronic ResourcesInformation for off-campus users.
- Recommend a PurchaseSuggest that UTSA Libraries purchase a specific item for the collection.
- UTSA Libraries Special CollectionsExplore UTSA's historical treasures, including the university's own archives as well as rare books, personal papers, photographs, and other one-of-a-kind items documenting the people, history, life and literature of San Antonio and South Texas.
Funding Your Research
- UTSA Graduate School: Tuition & Funding OpportunitiesFind information about Assistantships, Federal, State and Institutional Funding, and Fellowships & Awards.
- Pivot GuideStep by step instructions for using Pivot.
- Grants for IndividualsA list of resources for grants for individuals. Compiled by Michigan State University Libraries. Some resources are accessible to all. Some are only accessible to Michigan State University affiliates.
- Fellowship FinderThis comprehensive graduate level fellowships and grants database from the University of Illinois contains information on more than 1,100 awards.
- International Student Funding SourcesA list of external grant programs open or directed to non-U.S. citizens. Compiled by the University of Iowa.
- Scholarships Open to Undocumented StudentsFrequently updated blog and list featuring scholarships with deadlines.
- Institute of International EducationFind grants, scholarships, and fellowships for study in any part of the world.
- Fulbright Scholar ProgramVisit their online Catalog of Awards to search for awards that offer the best fit for your research interests.
- Grants.govLearn about and apply for federal grants from a wide variety of government agencies.
Past Federal Awards
Knowing what kind of projects are being funded can be helpful. See the following links to past Federal awards.
- NIH ReporterSearch grants awarded by the National Institutes of Health.
- NSF Awards Advanced SearchSearch past grants and projects that have been funded by the National Science Foundation.
- NEH Funded Projects QuerySearch projects that have been funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- NEA Grant SearchSearch grants awarded since 1998 by the National Endowment for the Arts.