Why don't you make me? Makerspaces @ UTSA
The purpose of this guide is to inform the UTSA community of rapid prototyping resources available to them on and off-campus.
Makerspaces at UTSA
The UTSA Makerspace is a 17,000 square foot space on the first floor of the Science and Engineering Building (SEB 1.150). The space includes resources for students to use to work on their Senior Design projects!
- Project Area: Benchtop space for over 40 teams to work on projects with access to hand and power tools, electronics, and more
- Conference Room: Four conference rooms for more private team meetings and teleconferencing capabilities.
- 3d Printers: 30 printers of different types capable of printing a variety of materials.
- Design Studio: 10 computer stations for CAD work.
- Machine Shop: Lathes, drills presses, mills, grinders, welding, and more!
- Lockers: Cage lockers of various sizes to store Senior Design projects
- Tools: Hand tools such as hammers, drills, calipers, wrenches, and more
- Electronics Fabrication Lab: Access to virtual benches, oscilloscopes, power generators, soldering stations, and more
UTSA Makerspace - Downtown:
Interested in Digital and Manual fabrication? The “UTSA Makerspace - Downtown” is available, providing students with a wide variety of digital and hand tools, power tools, machinery, professional supervision, and a safe working environment in which they can create high-quality projects while learning skills that further prepare them to excel in their chosen careers.
- Large Format Printing
- 3d Printers
- Laser Cutters/Etchting
- Prototyping CNC
- Fabrication Tools
- Tech Resources
CITE Innovation Lab
The CITE Innovation Lab (housed in SEB 1.50G) is a place where students can create, invent, explore and discover using a variety of tools and materials. The lab allows students to design, prototype and manufacture items using state-of-the-art tools such as 3-D Printers, digital fabrication machines and computer-aided design software. The use of the Innovation Lab is open to all UTSA faculty, students and staff under supervised use. You only need to buy the materials needed for your project.
- 2 Sense 3d Scanners
- 2 HD 3D Scanners
- 3D Printers (Cube Pro)
- 3 Micro SLA 3D Printers
- 3 MakerBot Replicators
- 2 CNC Mills
- 2 CNC Drills
- 1 CO2 Professional Laser Cutter
- 3 Soldering Irons
- 2 Oscilloscopes