- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Zombie Awareness
To ensure you're up on zombie culture and prepared in the event of a zombie apocalypse, check out our collection of books, DVDs, and websites devoted to all things zombie.
Night of the Living Dead
Movie Art from en:Night of the Living Dead (1968).
Whether you're preparing for an outbreak or just in search of a good scare with zombie flair, we have a movie for you.
- 28 Days Later by Macdonald, Andrew; Garland, Alex; Boyle, Danny; Murphy, Cillian; Harris, Naomie; Eccleston, Christopher; Burns, Megan; Gleeson, BrendanCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 A124 2003Publication Date: 2003An infirmary patient wakes up from a coma to an empty room ... in a vacant hospital ... in a deserted city. A powerful virus, which locks victims into a permanent state of murderous rage, has transformed the world around him into a seemingly desolate wasteland. Now a handful of survivors must fight to stay alive, unaware that the worst is yet to come.
- 28 Weeks Later by López Lavigne, Enrique; Macdonald, Andrew; Reich, Allon; Joffe, Rowan; Fresnadillo, Juan Carlos; Olmo, Jesús; Murphy, John; Carlyle, Robert; Byrne, Rose; Renner, Jeremy; Walker, Amanda; Ahmed, Shahid; Perrineau, Harold; McCormack, Catherine; Morgan, Garfield; Beecham, Emily; Elba, IdrisCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 T8689 2007Publication Date: 2007Almost seven months after the Rage virus has annihilated the inhabitants of the London and the British Isles, the U.S. Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited, but one of them unwillingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more dangerous than ever.
- American Zombie by Basis, Austin; Nakamura, Suzy; Vicente, Al; Wilson, Jane Edith; Solomon, John; Lee, Grace; Sonnenshine, Rebecca; Lee, In-AhCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 A447 2008ISBN: 9781595870810Publication Date: 2008Story of two Los Angeles filmmakers who set out to document a group of high functioning zombies and their struggles to gain acceptance in human society.
- Birth of the Living Dead by Kuhns, Rob; Romero, George A; Harris, Mark; Fessenden, LarryCall Number: PN1997.N5446 B57 2014Publication Date: 2014Shows how Romero gathered an unlikely team of Pittsburghers - policemen, iron workers, teachers, admen, housewives, and a roller-rink owner - to shoot a revolutionary guerrilla-style film that went on to become a cinematic landmark, offering a profound insight into how our society worked in a singular time in American history.
- Dead Alive by Sinclair, Stephen. Walsh, Fran, 1959- Jackson, Peter, 1961- Booth, Jim, 1945-1994. Balme, Timothy. Peñalver, Diana. Moody, Elizabeth. Watkin, Ian, 1940-Call Number: PN1995.9.H6 D43 2001ISBN: 157362408XPublication Date: 2001Lionel, an innocent young man forced to care for his domineering mother, finds the task a whole lot more demanding after she's bitten by a cursed Sumatran rat monkey and turns into a flesh-eating zombie. He struggles to keep the neighbors and his greedy uncle from suspecting something while also trying to develop a romantic relationship.
- Evil Dead by Campbell, Bruce; Raimi, Sam; Tapert, Robert; Sayagues, Rodo; Alvarez, Fede; Levy, Jane; Fernandez, Shiloh; Pucci, Lou Taylor; Lucas, JessicaCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 E955 2013Publication Date: 2013In the much-anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.
- The Evil Dead by Raimi, Sam; Tapert, Robert; Campbell, Bruce; Sandweiss, Ellen; Delrich, Hal; Baker, Betsy; Tilly, TheresaCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 E95 2007Publication Date: 2007The evil dead lie in wait for the one ancient incantation that will give them license to attack the living. Five vacationing college students unwittingly resurrect these demons. One by one, the students are transformed into monsters whose own thirst for revenge becomes insatiable.
- King of the Zombies by Purcell, DickCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 K52 2001Publication Date: 2001Two fliers must stop a mad scientist from using zombies to aid the Axis powers.
- Night of the Living Dead by Romero, George A; Jones, Duane; O'Dea, Judith; Streiner, RussCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 N5446 1998Publication Date: 1998A simple, peaceful countryside is being terrorized by killer zombies with only one thing on their minds--destroy all humans. A small stronghold of survivors must hold the zombies at bay outside an old, abandoned house.
- Night of the Living Dead: Millennium Ed by Streiner, Russ; Russo, John; Romero, George A; Jones, Duane; O'Dea, JudithCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 N538 2002Publication Date: 2002A simple, peaceful countryside is being terrorized by killer zombies with only one thing on their minds--destroy all humans. A small stronghold of survivors must hold the zombies at bay outside an old, abandoned house for any future hope of humanity.
- Redneck Zombies by Kaufman, Lloyd, 1945- Herz, Michael. De Haven, Lisa. Bensen, W. E. Decker, William L.Call Number: PN1995.9.H6 R43 2009Publication Date: 2009People start turning into zombies when they drink moonshine that demented rednecks have added a barrel of radioactive waste to.
- Resident Evil: Afterlife by Bolt, Jeremy; Anderson, Paul; Kulzer, Robert; Carmody, Don; Eichinger, Bernd; Hadida, Samuel; Jovovich, Milla; Larter, Ali; Coates, Kim; Miller, Wentworth; Roberts, Shawn; Peris-Mencheta, Sergio; Locke, Spencer; Kodjoe, BorisCall Number: PN1995.9.A3 R4753 2010Publication Date: 2010In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the undead, Alice continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of undead, and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.
- Resident Evil: Retribution by Bolt, Jeremy; Anderson, Paul; Jovovich, Milla; Guillory, Sienna; Rodriguez, MichelleCall Number: PN1995.9.A3 R4754 2012Publication Date: 2012Alice fights alongside a resistance movement in the continuing battle against the Umbrella Corporation and the undead.
- Resident Evil Triology by Jovovich, Milla; Rodriguez, Michelle; Mabius, Eric; Guillory, Sienna; Fehr, Oded; Larter, Ali; Anderson, Paul; Witt, Alexander; Mulcahy, RussellCall Number: PN1995.9.A3 R475 2008ISBN: 1435944860Publication Date: 2008A virus has escaped in a secret facility turning the staff into hungry zombies. The complex computer shuts down the base to prevent infection. The parent corporation sends in an elite military unit, where they meet Alice, who is suffering from amnesia due to exposure to nerve gas. The military team must shut down the computer and get out, fighting their way past zombies, mutants, and the computer itself, before the virus escapes and infects the rest of the world.
- Shaun of the Dead by Park, Nira; Wright, Edgar; Pegg, Simon; Ashfield, Kate; Davis, Lucy; Frost, Nick; Moran, Dylan; Nighy, Bill; Wilton, Penelope; Hynes, Jessica; Dickens, Chris; Dunlap, David M; Mudford, Daniel; Woodhead, Peter; Hardinge, AnneCall Number: PN1995.9.C55 S43 2004Publication Date: 2004When flesh eating zombies go on the hunt for a bite to eat, it is up to Shaun and his best pal to save their friends and family from becoming the next entree.
- World War Z by Forster, Marc; Carnahan, Matthew Michael; Straczynski, J. Michael; Goddard, Drew; Lindelof, Damon; Pitt, Brad; Gardner, Dede; Kleiner, Jeremy; Bryce, Ian; Simpson, Brad; Ellison, David; Goldberg, Dana; Schwake, Paul; King, Graham; Headington, Tim; Seresin, Ben; Barton, Roger; Chesse, Matt; Beltrami, Marco; Bellamy, Matthew; Phelps, Nigel; Rubeo, Mayes; Enos, Mireille; Kertesz, Daniella; Dale, James Badge; Morse, David; Mokoena, Fana; Andrews, David; Jerins, Sterling; Hargrove, Abigail; Capaldi, Peter; Favino, Pierfrancesco; Boeken, Ludi; Fitoussi, Grégory; Brooks, MaxCall Number: PN1995.9.A3 W6753 2013Publication Date: 2013Former United Nations investigator Gerry Lane travels the globe in an effort to eliminate the zombie pandemic that is endangering the existence of humanity.
- Zombieland by Polone, Gavin; Reese, Rhett; Wernick, Paul; Fleischer, Ruben; Harrelson, Woody; Eisenberg, Jesse; Stone, Emma; Breslin, Abigail; Sardy, DavidCall Number: PN1995.9.H6 Z66 2010Publication Date: 2010In a world that has become overrun with zombies, two men must figure out how to survive. Wimpy Columbus is afraid of his own shadow, while Tallahassee is the biggest, baddest, gun-toting zombie-slayer who ever lived. When they meet two sisters, Wichita and Little Rock, the four strike out for an amusement park that is said to be zombie-free. This mismatched group will have to rely on each other to survive, which could be worse than surrendering to the zombies.
- Zombies of mass destruction by Sinno, John. Hamedani, Kevin, 1982- Armand, Janette, 1986- Fahl, Doug. Hopkins, Cooper, 1982- Hodgkinson, Russell. Moore, Cornelia Niekus, 1938- Mesher, James. Johns, Bill. Hamedani, Ali. Jensen, Linda. Drake, Victoria. Hyde, Andrew. Barret, Ryan. Rohrmann, C. Andrew.Call Number: PN1995.9.H6 Z663 2010Publication Date: 2010A conservative island community is under attack! Port Gamble, Washington, is being overrun with brain-eaters, and the people seem powerless to stave them off. A ragtag band of rebels led by Frida, an Iranian college student suspected of being an Iraqi terrorist, and Tom, a gay businessman who has returned to town with his partner to come out to his mother, tries to turn the tide and push the invading hordes of undead back.
- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season by Darabont, Frank. Kirkman, Robert. Alpert, David. Luse, Tom. MacLaren, Michelle. Eglee, Charles H. LoGiudice, Jack. Horder-Payton, Gwyneth. Renck, Johan, 1966- Mazzara, Glen. Dickerson, Ernest R., 1952- Fierro, Adam. Ferland, Guy. Lincoln, Andrew, 1973- Bernthal, Jon. Holden, Laurie. Callies, Sarah Wayne, 1977- Yuen, Steven. DeMunn, Jeffrey, 1947- Riggs, Chandler.Call Number: PN1992.77 .W35 2011Publication Date: 2010Waking up in an empty hospital after weeks in a coma, County Sheriff Rick Grimes finds himself alone. The world he knows is gone, ravaged by a zombie epidemic.
- The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season by Darabont, Frank; Holden, Laurie; Lincoln, Andrew; DeMunn, Jeffrey; Callies, Sarah Wayne; Bernthal, Jon; Kirkman, RobertCall Number: PN1992.77 .W35 2012Publication Date: 2012'The Walking Dead' is a drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of crises. The series explores how the living are changed by the realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the walking dead.
- The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season by Darabont, Frank; Lincoln, Andrew; Yeun, Steven; Riggs, Chandler; Reedus, Norman; Cohan, Lauren; Gurira, Danai; Kinney, Emily; McBride, Melissa; Coleman, Chad L; Martin-Green, Sonequa; Gilliard, Larry; Morrissey, David; Kirkman, RobertCall Number: PN1992.77 .W35 2015Publication Date: 2015The group crosses paths with a mysterious priest and takes shelter in his church. As Daryl and Carol follow a lead to the whereabouts of Beth, the others begin to realize that they're being hunted. As Bob's life hangs in the balance, the group prepares to face off against the cannibalistic hunters of Terminus.
- The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season by Darabont, Frank; Gadd, Paul; Dale, Jolly; Kang, Angela; Gimple, Scott M; Kirkman, Robert; Negrete, Matthew; Powell, Channing; Beattie, Nichole; Gwinn, Curtis; Hoffman, Seth; Nicotero, Greg; Ferland, Guy; Sackheim, DanCall Number: PN1992.77 .W35 2014Publication Date: 2014In the fourth season, we see Rick and the group of survivors fostering a thriving community in the safe haven of the prison only to have it short-lived as the group loses everything, their home, family, and friends to the threat of the walkers, outside threats and the hidden dangers brewing inside the fences. The group of survivors are broken apart and sent on divergent paths, unsure of everyone else's fate as they are exposed to new dangers, new enemies, and heartbreaking choices. They will have their faith thoroughly tested - a faith that breaks some of them and redeems others.
- The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season by Darabont, Frank, creator. Lincoln, Andrew, 1973- actor. Yeun, Steven, actor. Riggs, Chandler, 1999- actor. Reedus, Norman, 1969- actor. Cohan, Lauren, 1982- actor. Gurira, Danai, actor. Kinney, Emily, 1985- actor. McBride, Melissa, 1965- actor. Coleman, Chad L., actor. Martin-Green, Sonequa, actor. Gilliard, Larry, actor. Morrissey, David, actor. Kirkman, Robert. Walking dead.Call Number: PN1992.77 .W35 2015Publication Date: 2015The group crosses paths with a mysterious priest and takes shelter in his church. As Daryl and Carol follow a lead to the whereabouts of Beth, the others begin to realize that they're being hunted. As Bob's life hangs in the balance, the group prepares to face off against the cannibalistic hunters of Terminus.
- In the Flesh. The complete season two by Newberry, Luke, actor. Bevan, Emily, actor. Cains, Harriet, actor. Critchley, Marie, actor. BBC Productions Salford. BBC America.Call Number: PN1992.77 .I4 2014Publication Date: 2014Kieren, a recovered zombie (Partially Diseased Syndrome (PDS) sufferer) is keeping his head down and squirreling money into his "escape fund" for Paris. But in the wider world, fear is in the air. With the arrival of new and explosive characters from both Victus and the ULA, Kieren's plans are thrown into disarray as both set their sights on him. As Kieren finds himself caught in the emotional crossfire, will he ever be able to live a quiet life?
- The Returned: Season One by Gobert, Fabrice; Mermoud, Frédéric; Consigny, Anne; Pierrot, Frédéric; Hesme, Clotilde; Sallette, Céline; Guesmi, Samir; Gadebois, Grégory; Gouix, Guillaume; Perrier, PierreCall Number: PN1992.77 .R48 2014Publication Date: 2004A seemingly random group of people find themselves in a state of confusion as they attempt to return home. What they don't know is that they have been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. Buried secrets emerge as they grapple with reality, struggling to reintegrate with their friends and families. But they aren't the only ones back from the dead. Their arrival coincides with a series of gruesome murders that resembles the work of a serial killer from the past.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Movie by Steers, Burr; McKittrick, Sean; Shearmur, Allison; Portman, Natalie; Savitch, Annette; Oliver, Brian; Thompson, Tyler; Butan, Marc; James, Lily; Riley, Sam; Huston, Jack; Heathcote, Isabella; Booth, Douglas; Smith, Matt; Dance, Charles; Headey, Lena; Velázquez, Fernando; McKinley, Padraic; Adefarasin, Remi; Grahame-Smith, SethCall Number: PN1995.9.A3 P7345 2016Publication Date: 2016Jane Austen's classic tale of the tangled relationships between lovers from different social classes in nineteenth century England is faced with a new challenge, an army of undead zombies.