Wall Street Journal | WSJ.com
All current UTSA students, faculty, and staff have online access to WSJ.com, the Wall Street Journal online portal. WSJ.com includes the same articles and images that appear in the print edition, plus additional resources including online-only articles, images, video, audio, graphics, and data content.
- The digital version of the daily print edition is accessible via an e-Reader app and includes a one-week archive of daily digital print newspapers.
- Full access to the content from the last 4 years to the present on a rolling basis.
- Classroom resources for professors and students, including career advice.
- Other membership privileges, such as WSJ+, e-books, newsletters and alerts, and access to special events.
Register for WSJ.com Account
To activate your WSJ.com account (if you don't have a current personal subscription):
- Go to http://wsj.com/utsa.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the UTSA's Single Sign-On (SSO) web page with your abc123 and passphrase.
- On a separate WSJ.com sign-in page:
- Account type - select your status: Student, Staff, or Professor.
- Email address - use your UTSA address.
- Password - create a password for WSJ.com (do not use your UTSA passphrase).
- Go through a series of prompts to customize your account preferences. You have an option to skip these prompts.
- Check your email inbox and click on the confirmation email.
- Download apps for your mobile devices if desired. You may log into multiple devices at the same time.
After your WSJ.com account is activated as described above, you can go directly to https://www.wsj.com/ to sign in with your email and WSJ password:
After graduation you will be eligible for a special offer to maintain your own personal WSJ subscription at discounted rates.
Faculty and Staff
You will need to refresh your access once a year. You will receive a notice via your email a week ahead and be prompted to sign in through UTSA's SSO.
Existing WSJ.com Subscribers
If you have a personal WSJ.com subscription, you may cancel your existing subscription and take advantage of the UTSA-sponsored membership.
- Call Customer Service to cancel at 1-800-JOURNAL (1-800-568-7625).
- Give them the email address associated with the active WSJ account, and ask to cancel that account. Cite the reason as "transitioning the account over to a school-sponsored membership at UTSA." Depending on where you are within your payment, you may get a refund or instructed to wait until your account expires (usually within a week or two).
- Once the personal subscription is canceled, activate your membership using this link:
- If you used your @utsa.edu email address for your personal subscription, the registration page will give a warning "It looks like you already have an account."
- Click on the blue Sign In link under this message to re-associate this email address with our institutional account. You will receive a Welcome email from the WSJ confirming your access.