- Find Information
- Research Guides
- POL 3453: Politics of Mexico (Sotomayor)
POL 3453: Politics of Mexico (Sotomayor)
Guide for Arturo Sotomayor's class.
- Reports: Crime, Foreign Policy & Trade
- Country Profiles
- Country Stats
- More Research Guides
Social Sciences Librarian
Professor Arturo Sotomayor
UTSA Political Science & Geography
Reports & Websites: Crime, Foreign Policy & Trade
- Merida InitiativeHosted by the U.S. Department of State. Fact sheets, news releases, and programs about the Merida Initiative, a partnership between the United States and Mexico to fight organized crime and advance human rights.
- Reports on Foreign Policy and Regional AffairsCongressional Research Service country reports on foreign policy and regional affairs.
- U.S. - Mexican Security Cooperation: The Mérida Initiative and BeyondCongressional Research Service Report on the Merida Initiative. Contains background, lays out the four pillars, measuring success of the initiative, drug production, human rights concerns, role of the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S./Mexican border initiatives, etc.
- NAFTA: Office of the United States Trade RepresentativeFacts, press releases, and reports on NAFTA.
- Mexico: Background & U.S. RelationsInformation on the political situation, economic and social conditions, and various aspects of U.S. Mexico relations.
- Public Citizen: NAFTANon-profit website that includes fact sheets, reports, case studies, infographics, charts, memos, press releases, and statements from congressional members. Also includes NAFTA at 20: NAFTA’s 20-Year Legacy and the Fate of the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- NAFTA: U.S. Customs & Border PatrolGreat resource for info on advance rulings, Annex 401, appeals, certificate of origin, preferential treatment, etc.
- United Nations Development Programme: Millenium Development goalsContains data on development and gender issues.
- Mexico's UN Development IndexMexico's strategic plan. Outlines goals and targets for poverty, hunger, education, gender equality, child mortality, maternal health, controlling disease, environmental sustainability, and development.
- UN World Drug ReportProduced by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. An overview of world's drug markets. Presents information on production, trafficking and consumption of the main types of illicit drugs, as well as their health consequences.
- RESDAL - indexRed de Seguridad y Defensa de America LatinaData on security and defense.