Due Diligence Before Job Interview
Research your company or organization prior to a job interview or internship.
Want to impress your potential employer? Do your homework before a job interview. To get started on researching an organization, determine whether:
- your organization is a for-profit company, nonprofit, or government agency
- you are researching the entire organization or a local branch
- you need local, state, regional, national, or international-level information
Questions to Answer
Facts about Organization
- What does the organization do?
- How big is it?
- What is its revenue / budget?
- Who are the competitors?
- What industry is it in?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Who works at the company/organization?
- Anyone you know?
- Can you find any facts about them?
- What is the organizational culture?
- What is the interviewing process like?
- What do employees think about their organization?