- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Germany and the Holocaust
Germany and the Holocaust
- Getting Started
- The Arts
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Special thanks to my librarian colleague Judy Garrison for her expertise in providing numerous resource recommendations.
Search Library Quick Search
Library Quick Search
Use Library Quick Search to search for books and articles across many databases in a single search.
How to Use Google Scholar Off CampusDue to recent changes made by Google, you'll need to do a one-time set-up for your account to access full-text articles available through UTSA Libraries. Step by step instructions provided.
- America: History and Life (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSelectively indexes and abstracts the scholarly literature on U.S. and Canadian history from prehistory to the present. Includes citations to journal articles, book and media reviews, and dissertations. Also includes useful features such as the ability to search by historical time period. For world history, see Historical Abstracts.
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSelectively indexes and abstracts the scholarly literature of world history from 1450 to the present. Includes citations to journal articles, book and media reviews, and dissertations. Also includes useful features such as the ability to search by historical time period. For U.S. and Canadian history see America: History and Life.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowSearchable full-text and full-image backfiles of scholarly journals, as well as e-books, and primary resources. Subject areas include the arts, humanities, social sciences, science, math, and business. Includes the Artstor Digital Library containing millions of images from the world's museums, archives, and libraries.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowIndexes critical scholarship on literature, criticism, language, linguistics, and folklore. Includes thousands of titles including journals, series, monographs, dissertations, bibliographies, proceedings, and other materials, from the late 19th century to the present.
- Project MUSE This link opens in a new window
- Dissertations & Theses Global (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowProvides citations and abstracts, as well as full text PDFs, to millions of doctoral dissertations and master's theses from graduate schools and universities around the world. Full text coverage is primarily from 1997 forward, with a significant number of full text titles previous to 1997. Coverage is from 1637 to the present.
- ProQuest Congressional This link opens in a new windowComprehensive full image coverage of U.S. Congressional publications 1789-present, Updated daily. Hearings (1824-present); Congressional Research Service Reports (CRS) (1916-present); House and Senate Documents/Reports (1817-present); Legislative Histories (1969-current); Bills & Laws (1776-present); Vote Reports (1987-present); Historical Maps & Images (1789-2007); Congressional Record (daily and bound versions) (1789-present); Regulations; Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations; Presidential Executive Orders.
Member profiles, committee assignments, financial disclosure statements and voting records.
- RAMBI This link opens in a new windowSelective bibliography of academic articles covering all of the fields of Jewish studies as well as the study of Eretz Israel and the State of Israel. RAMBI is based largely on the collections of the The National Library of Israel. The articles listed in RAMBI are collected from thousands of journals, in print or electronic form, from collections of articles and from offprints sent by researchers.
Search Terms that Work
This is just a sampling of search terms that work. Try terms like these in Library Quick Search, the Print Catalog, Google Scholar, or one of the subject specific databases. Look at recommended book and online sources on other pages of this guide.
Antisemitism in motion pictures
Righteous Gentiles in the Holocaust
National Socialism - moral and ethical aspects
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945 - moral and ethical aspects
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945 Foreign public opinion
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945 Press coverage
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945 in literature
Holocaust Jewish 1939-1945 in motion pictures
World War 1939-1945 Children
World War 1939-1945 Personal narratives
World War 1939-1945 Jews Rescue
World War 1939-1945 Atrocities Germany
World War 1939-1945 Religious aspects Catholic Church
World War 1939-1945 Participation Female
World War 1939-1945 Resistance
World War 1939-1945 Underground movements