- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Case Studies
- Getting Started
- Analyze Case Studies
Head of Research Engagement and Scholarly Communication
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
Where Do I Find Harvard Business School Case Studies?
Harvard Business Publishing does not sell HBS case studies directly to libraries. Due to these restrictions, libraries cannot purchase HBS case studies or put them on reserve.
Students may purchase case studies at the Harvard Business Publishing site for a small fee. Instructors may apply for Educator's Access. Harvard Business Publishing also offers case studies from other sources.
The Harvard Business Review, available through the Business Source Complete database, publishes one case study per issue. HBR's cases are about fictional companies, present common managerial dilemmas and offer concrete solutions from experts.
Sources for Case Studies
- Case CentreThe world’s largest collection of management case studies and journal article reprints; includes cases from the major case producing schools worldwide. Cases are available to students for a nominal fee. Formerly known as ECCH.
- Case Centre Free CasesSelected free cases.
- Merlot - Case StudiesCalifornia State University Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. Select Discipline and Material Type > Case Studies.
- Ideas Worth TeachingBy the Aspen Institute. Replaced CasePlace.org case studies.A weekly email for business school faculty to prompt new conversations in the classroom about the relationships between corporations, capital markets, and the public good.
- LearningEdge (MIT)Open teaching cases on entrepreneurship, leadership/ethics, operations management, strategy, sustainability, and system dynamics.
Additional Fee-based Sources
These case studies may be located and purchased through the Case Center, Harvard Business Publishing, or directly from a publisher.
- Ivey Publishing Case StudiesThe Richard Ivey School of Business, the University of Western Ontario, is the second largest producer of business case studies and the largest producer of Asian cases in the world.
Case study abstracts and some full text are available in these UTSA subscription databases. Limit to Document Type > Case Studies.
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest) This link opens in a new window
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) This link opens in a new window
- MarketLine This link opens in a new windowGo to Analysis on the header > Case Studies.