- Find Information
- Research Guides
- Historic Preservation
Images & Maps
- Digital Sanborn Maps, 1867-1970 (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowProvides access to over 660,000 full-image fire insurance maps for more than 12,000 American communities in all U.S. states. These large-scale maps contain detailed data such as the outline of each building; the size, shape, and function of structures; construction materials; heights; and the location of windows and doors. The maps also list street names, street and sidewalk widths, property boundaries, building use, and house and block numbers. Also shown are pipelines, railroads, wells, dumps, and heavy machinery. Sanborn maps are valuable historical tools for urban studies specialists, historians, architects, geographers, genealogists, planners, and environmentalists, among others.
- City of San Antonio GISLayered map of San Antonio.
- Bexar Regional Watershed ManagementThe Bexar County Commissioners Court, the City of San Antonio and the San Antonio River Authority (SARA) entered an agreement forming a virtual flood control district designated as the Bexar Regional Watershed Management (BRWM) partnership. Since the initial formation of the partnership, 20 suburban cities have joined to expand the collaboration and help address flood issues throughout Bexar County.
- FEMA Map Service CenterSearch "Public Flood Map" by address.
- Census Atlas of the United StatesLocation (print): JPL Map Center G1201.E2 U5 2007
A variety of topics are covered in the Census Atlas, ranging from language and ancestry characteristics to housing patterns and the geographic distribution of the population. A majority of the maps in the Census Atlas present data at the county level, but data also are sometimes mapped by state, census tract (for largest cities and metropolitan areas), and for selected American Indian reservations.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map CollectionPCL Map Collection-UT Austin: This incredible resource provides both thematic maps on the international, national, state and local levels.The collection is especially strong on Texas-- historical, thematic and local.This online collection has many printable maps on such a variety of subjects that it is absolutely invaluable.