- Find Information
- Research Guides
Especially for the Ceramist
Click on a title to check its availability.
- Setting Up Your Ceramic Studio: Ideas & Plans From Working Artists by Virginia ScotchieCall Number: N8520 .S36 2003
Click on a title to check availability
- The Graphic Designer's Guide to Portfolio Design by Debbie Rose MyersCall Number: NC1001 .M94 2014The portfolio process, start to finish, with sample portfolios, interviews with leaders in graphic design and advertising industries, and step-by-step instruction for creating professional print and digital portfolios.
- Writing the Artist Statement: Revealing the True Spirit of Your Work by Ariane GoodwinCall Number: N8600 .G65 2002
- Artist's and Graphic Designer's Market: Where and How to Sell Your Illustration, Fine Art, Graphic Design and Cartoons.Call Number: N8600 .A746Complete contact and submission information for more than 1,500 art markets. Valuable resources for obtaining grants, marketing and promoting their work, and networking with fellow artists.
- Art/Work: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career by Heather Darcy Bhandari; Jonathan MelberCall Number: N6505 .B575 2009Covers business basics such as tracking inventory, preparing invoices; registering copyright, drafting consignment forms; how to use promotional tools like websites & business cards; and how to approach career decisions such as choosing the right venue to show your work.
- Stayin' Alive: Survival Tactics for the Visual Artist by Robin HopperCall Number: NK4235 .H66 2003Of particular interest to those working in ceramics/pottery.