- Find Information
- Research Guides
- S&P Capital IQ Access and Office Plug-in Installation
S&P Capital IQ Access and Office Plug-in Installation
Instructions for Capital IQ Access
- Getting Started
Social: Twitter Page
About S&P Capital IQ
Capital IQ This link opens in a new windowData on U.S. and international public and private companies, M&A deals, executives and boards worldwide; news, investment research, and more. Includes powerful screening tools, chart builders, and Office Plug-In modeling tool. By S&P Global.
Access to Capital IQ is for current faculty, staff, and students only and requires approval by Capital IQ. To request a new Capital IQ account:
1. Click on the Capital IQ database link above; login with abc123 and passphrase; complete DUO authentication.
2. Click on New User in the top right header and enter your utsa.edu email.
3. Check your email box for confirmation and finish the sign-up. Your login credentials will be provided via email from Capital IQ.
Once your Capital IQ account is created, for future access you will need to use the proxied link to Capital IQ above on the library database page, and then your personal Capital IQ credentials to log in.
To download Office Plug-in, go to My Capital IQ tab > My Profile > Downloads. See research guide for more information. You may also complete Capital IQ training at S&P Market Intelligence Academic Resource Center.
Create S&P Capital IQ Account: Step-by-Step
- Click on this Capital IQ link. This link can be also found on the library database page under Capital IQ.
- Click on New User in the top right header.
- Enter your email address and hit the submit button:
- You will then be prompted to check your email. Open your email and click on the reset-password link button.
- Change your password and click the submit button.
- Return to your email, and click the "LOG IN" button.
- Log in to your account
- You might be prompted to click on a forwarding link. Click on the forwarding link to get to the S&P dashboard.
- Accept the S&P Global Terms and Conditions (You will need to check off both boxes before you click the accept button).
- You're in!
Install S&P Capital IQ Office Plug-In (PC ONLY)
- Make sure that all Office applications on your computer are closed (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, etc.)
- Login to Capital IQ.
- Click on the download button located on the left menu bar under My Profile.
- Download the Office Add-On (New installer)
- Run Installer > Click Next
- Agree with License Agreements and click Next
- Leave the install location as default (recommended). Select all the install options (recommended) and click Next.
- Click Finish to exit install window
Configure S&P Capital IQ Excel Plug-in (PC ONLY)
- Open Excel (and create a blank workbook).
- Click on S&P Capital IQ tab.
- Click on Settings.
- Enter your S&P Capital IQ Username and Password into the dialog box.
- Click Apply. If successful, you will be asked to download the S&P Capital IQ Library. Click yes. Congratulations! You are done!
- S&P Global Market Intelligence Academic Resource CenterVideos, tutorials, webinars and newsletters for students and faculty.