S&P Capital IQ Access and Office Plug-in Installation
Instructions for Capital IQ Access
Access S&P Capital IQ
Create S&P Capital IQ Account: Step-by-Step
- Click on the Capital IQ link. This link can be also found on the library database page under Capital IQ.
- Click on New User in the top right header.
- Enter your email address and hit the submit button:
- You will then be prompted to check your email. Open your email and click on the reset-password link button.
- Change your password and click the submit button.
- Return to your email, and click the "LOG IN" button.
- Log in to your account
- You might be prompted to click on a forwarding link. Click on the forwarding link to get to the S&P dashboard.
- Accept the S&P Global Terms and Conditions (You will need to check off both boxes before you click the accept button).
- You're in!
Install S&P Capital IQ Office Plug-In (PC ONLY)
- Make sure that all Office applications on your computer are closed (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, etc.)
- Login to Capital IQ.
- Click on the download button located on the left menu bar under My Profile.
- Download the Office Add-On (New installer)
- Run Installer > Click Next
- Agree with License Agreements and click Next
- Leave the install location as default (recommended). Select all the install options (recommended) and click Next.
- Click Finish to exit install window
Configure S&P Capital IQ Excel Plug-in (PC ONLY)
- Open Excel (and create a blank workbook).
- Click on S&P Capital IQ tab.
- Click on Settings.
- Enter your S&P Capital IQ Username and Password into the dialog box.
- Click Apply. If successful, you will be asked to download the S&P Capital IQ Library. Click yes. Congratulations! You are done!