AIS 1233: Research for Debates (Dones)
The purpose of this guide is to offer a few research tips to help you prepare for your class debates.
- College should be free for everyone.
- College athletes should be paid.
- Colleges should spend equal amounts on men's sports and women's sports.
Figuring out which keywords to use is a crucial first step of your research. Once you start searching, look for clues and further ideas in your results. Try combining these terms in different variations when searching. A few suggestions:
- Free tuition, tuition-free college, "free college"
- College athletes paid, pay, compensation, salary
- Title IX, college sports, women sports, spending, funding, profitability
These are key resources presenting opposing views to start your research. Experiment with the keywords. Depending on your topic, you may or may not find relevant results, but give it a try!
After you check out these resources, explore the links provided below for each topic. Look out for the type of source, how credible it is, when it was published, and author's credentials.