HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service
HathiTrust's Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) makes it possible for current UTSA students, faculty and staff to access digitized versions of some physical books held by UTSA Libraries and other UT system libraries, as long as the physical collections are inaccessible.
- Books currently available through ETAS have the label "Temporary Access." You also have access to books that are marked "Full View."
- "Temporary Access" books can be read only online. You cannot download "Temporary Access" titles. These restrictions are in place based on Terms of Service and our understanding of copyright law.
- A "Temporary Access" book checks out for one hour. It will automatically renew, however, as long as no one else is waiting for it.
- Simultaneous access corresponds to the number of print copies in our library. If there is only 1 print copy on the shelves, then only 1 user at a time can access the digital version. If we have 2 print copies, then only 2 users can access the digital book simultaneously.
- Because of the limit on simultaneous access, we encourage everyone to click on "Return Early" when you are done with the book.
- Unfortunately, the "Temporary Access" service is not available to alumni/alumnae or guests.
For more in-depth information about the service, please see ETAS: Information for Users at the HathiTrust website.