Secondary Marketing Research Certificate
About Secondary Marketing Research Certificate
The Secondary Marketing Research Certificate (SMRC) is a self-directed, self-paced guided exploration of core business resources throughout the semester. It is a collaboration between the UTSA Libraries and the Alvarez College of Business. SMRC is currently offered to UTSA students enrolled in selected MKT 3083 Marketing Research courses.
- Introduce you to research strategies, core resources, and search tools for common business and market research questions
- Help you better understand the advantages and limitations of secondary resources
- Sharpen your search skills
You will qualify for the Secondary Marketing Research Certificate if:
- You explore these resources and answer questions. You don't have to turn in your notes
- Successfully pass a quiz in the course Blackboard (80 % or above, two attempts, 20 randomized questions from a question bank)
- Answer a survey in Blackboard
- Company and industry research
- Overview of market research databases
- Consumer demographics and psychographic information
- Overview of Census.gov
- Advanced Google searching and alternative search engines
You will need to explore the resources in this guide on your own throughout the semester. Use the prompts on each page and find answers to the questions. You may take as many notes as you wish. This will prepare you for the quiz.
Time to complete:
4-6 hours throughout the semester.
- April 30th, 2023, Sunday, 11:59 pm
- Pass the SMRC quiz and provide feedback in Blackboard
Your digital certificate will be emailed to you after the final exam.