An author can create a Google Scholar Citations profile based on a personal Gmail or Google account. A Google Scholar Citations profile does not have a unique identifier number.
Make your profile public and increase your visibility in the most widely used search tool for academic research worldwide.
Obtain citation metrics to your publications in Google Scholar.
Get your h-index for Google Scholar.
Receive alerts about new publications based on keywords in your profile.
Export your citation to ORCID.
Not fully integrated with ORCID and other author profiles. Data may not be exchanged between the systems, but may be exported from Google Scholar in BibTeX format.
Citation metrics since 2006.
1. Create / use a Gmail account and sign in to Google.
2. Go to Google Scholar. Make sure that you are signed in.
3. Click on My Citations at the top. You will be prompted to create your Google Scholar Citations account.
4. Add the works that have been found by Google to your profile.
5. Add other works manually.
6. If you have a common name, select "Don't automatically update my profile." Otherwise, works by other authors with the same name may be added to your profile.