EndNote web makes it so you can add references to your collection without having to carry around a writable and removable drive. Very convenient!
Once your account has been established, you may sign onto your EndNote web account in the following ways:
1. Go to www.myendnoteweb.com and use your email address and password
3. Open your local EndNote library and go into "Online Mode" by clicking the earth icon on the top left side of the toolbar.
1. Go to www.myendnoteweb.com and follow the instructions to sign up for an account.
2. Click on the link that says "My EndNote Web" at the top of the page.
3. Look for the "Register" link on the left-hand side of the page and select it.
4. Fill in your email address in both writable boxes and press Continue.
5. Follow the instructions from there.
1.Open your existing EndNote Library.
2. Go to "Edit" in the toolbar menu and select "Preferences" from the drop-down list.
3. The "EndNote Preferences" box will appear. On the left-hand side of the box, choose the "EndNote Web" link.
4. Next, select the "Register Online" button that will appear in the top right-hand side of the box.
5. Fill in your email address and click the "Submit" button.
6. Follow the instructions from there.
PLEASE READ: It is possible to transfer references from EndNote Web to your desktop or local EndNote library and vice versa. However, you must push References to the Web or pull them from the Web in your local EndNote library. You cannot sync from your Web account.
1. Transferring to EndNote Web from local:
2. Transferring from EndNote Web to local:
WARNING: File attachments and inserted figures WILL NOT transfer from local to web.
EndNote offers two plug-ins, which you may install.
1. The Cite While You Write Plug-in: allows users to insert references, and format citations and bibliographies automatically when composing papers in Word.
2. The Firefox Extension: allows users to save online references directly to their EndNote Web libraries.
For more information and step-by-step instructions about installing these plug-ins, please click here.
After logging into your EndNote Web account, follow these steps:
EndNote web does not allow a user to view files and attachments. Any PDFs or inserted figures will remain only in your desktop library.